FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga report ?  (Read 43979 times)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Sacandaga report ?
« Reply #255 on: Aug 29, 2018, 06:32 AM »
I will be out there on Friday also. Weather looks good and right now they are saying light East wind but that can change. With the lake going down so fast, my season could end pretty quick. Good Luck....h2l

LooseEye90

« Reply #256 on: Aug 29, 2018, 09:00 AM »
Good luck guys. With the water having dropped almost a half a foot since Friday (unless I’m reading the usgs site wrong), I may not be getting out there much more myself. How does the broadalbin launch fair this time of year? Similar to day or are there less hazzards right on the edges of the channel. I remember it being shallower..

Might have to consider the transition to George after the holiday....

Tom Hannock

« Reply #257 on: Aug 29, 2018, 01:44 PM »
You can still get out of the bay at the Broadalbin launch as long as you can get the boat off the trailer.  Once you get to the point where the trailer wheels drop off the concrete into the mud it's over as far as I'm concerned.  Saratoga gets tough like that a lot of years in mid December also once they pull the boards to lower it.  Trailer wheels drop off the slab and there's always a big shallow hump to get over and out from people power loading. 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

Dead lake

« Reply #258 on: Aug 29, 2018, 08:15 PM »
There is no way for you to know that. I have fished this lake into mid to late Oct. many years. Deer hunt in the morning and fish the afternoon. The lake is down for this time of year due to lack of rain and they do start to draw it more after Labor Day. I believe the campsite is closing Oct. 7th this year. The other launches are usually open until mid Oct.

It is one of those Wait and See things. If I am unable to get out for the "good" fall bite, you will be the first to know....h2l
I thought you said mid OCT!!! Waters getting pretty low here in August

rondog

« Reply #259 on: Aug 30, 2018, 03:53 AM »
There is no way of knowing exactly when the lake gets too low to launch a boat. It all depends on how much rain we get and how they let the water out.
Last year we were in Oct.The guys with the sailboats should be thinking about pulling their boats SOON !

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #260 on: Aug 30, 2018, 06:05 AM »
I guess he didn't read my post.

Ron, I see this morning that the HRRB website changed to " half foot" gauge. I hope that doesn't mean they are going to pull the plug after Labor Day. I can understand the lake being low, due to the lack of rain this Summer, but too take it down even faster I have issues with. They may have a reason (like work on the Dam) but if so let people know....h2l

rondog

« Reply #261 on: Aug 30, 2018, 11:33 AM »
There's always the " Secret Launch "
I'm launching from Broadalbin  in the morning and don't anticipate any problems
Anyone who fishes this lake should absolutely have navionics, it really does lay out all the sunken bars and does a nice job with the buoys. If you don't know the lake this is the time of the year that will ruin the remainder of your season

rondog

« Reply #262 on: Aug 31, 2018, 03:09 PM »
launched At Broadalbin this morning, no issues Still plenty of dock in the water and plenty of depth.A  24' was being launched when I was leaving with no problems. The fish cooperated a bit but not great. I took a ride up the river to fish some old waypoints when I got there-there was a black lund  right on my waypoint, I was going to say Hello but I thought I saw a gun barrel, The guy was wearing a red hat and didn't look like he wanted any company,I think he was one of those mean local guy's  :rotflol:

lowaccord66

« Reply #263 on: Aug 31, 2018, 03:58 PM »
Ill echo you're sentiments ron.  Been all over the lake with little experience but didnt hit anything because the navionics app was pretty accurate.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #264 on: Sep 01, 2018, 07:31 AM »
Ron,the hat is Orange and what you saw was the handle of my fishing net that I was keeping handy. You may stop anytime you see me. I only ask that you keep your eyes closed and not to punch in any way points...lol...h2l

By the way, your way points are easy to fine. There are no fish on them.

rondog

« Reply #265 on: Sep 01, 2018, 11:01 AM »
There are no fish on my waypoints because I already caught them and I think I know difference between a net handle and the barrel of a 06 ,That said this has been a very tough year, the numbers of fish we have caught  are probably down a solid 75% from last year, as was the size. The programs that have been solid for years just didn't get it done. I'll be up on Monday an am going to go back to basics, bottom bouncers, I hate the thought of those nasty worms all over the floor of my boat, and if that doesn't go it will be jigging the rest of the way, I've  got spots just off of the  24 FOW mark  :whistling:

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #266 on: Sep 01, 2018, 11:47 AM »
If you caught them all you can remove them or if you would like give them to me and I will start releasing the ones I catch so you at least have some fish on them. I only have 5 waypoints saved....h2l

rondog

« Reply #267 on: Sep 01, 2018, 03:40 PM »
I just punched #79 for this year when I passed you yesterday!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #268 on: Sep 05, 2018, 06:11 AM »
Rondog, did you get out on Monday? I know the launch up here was a Zoo when I checked it. Going to be too hot today, but I will be out later in the week. GSLFF has their Fall contest on Sat and the Sand Island Bash is the same day....h2l

LooseEye90

« Reply #269 on: Sep 06, 2018, 11:29 AM »
Rondog, did you get out on Monday? I know the launch up here was a Zoo when I checked it. Going to be too hot today, but I will be out later in the week. GSLFF has their Fall contest on Sat and the Sand Island Bash is the same day....h2l

Thanks for the info H2L- Keep us posted. Based on what you’re saying though I may take a drive north this weekend instead of hitting daga. Sounds like it will be a busy one..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.