FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga report ?  (Read 44104 times)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Sacandaga report ?
« Reply #90 on: Apr 13, 2017, 06:31 AM »
The lake is at the level that is normal for about second week in May. Most of the snow is now gone in the woods so unless we get lots of rain it shouldn't keep coming up as fast. Lots of stuff floating in the lake. Did see a small boat yesterday below Sport Island. May be able to go pick up my new boat next week and sold my old one yesterday....h2l

rondog

« Reply #91 on: Apr 13, 2017, 01:07 PM »
Hey
What did you end up getting ?
I've got some new  " SECRET " jigs I'm ready to try out whenever your ready .
Ron
'

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #92 on: Apr 13, 2017, 02:16 PM »
Lund 1625 Fury Tiller. 50hp Merc 4s. Helix 7. Have been wanting to downsize for a couple years...h2l

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #93 on: Apr 13, 2017, 05:18 PM »
Lund 1625 Fury Tiller. 50hp Merc 4s. Helix 7. Have been wanting to downsize for a couple years...h2l

That is a great boat mister.   I wish you many tight lines on it... :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

lowaccord66

« Reply #94 on: Apr 13, 2017, 05:52 PM »

That is a great boat mister.   I wish you many tight lines on it... :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:

X2

filetandrelease

« Reply #95 on: Apr 13, 2017, 07:25 PM »

Congrats on your new boat h2l

reeleyz

« Reply #96 on: Apr 13, 2017, 07:48 PM »
Congrats H2L. Good choice!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #97 on: Apr 14, 2017, 07:12 AM »
Thanks everyone. I am sure I will like it. Hoping I can pick it up in the next week or so. Then I can get some run time on it before season opens....h2l

Tom Hannock

« Reply #98 on: Apr 14, 2017, 08:29 AM »

Now we're talking.  Congratulations You're not really walleye fishing unless you're fishing a tiller and backtrolling with splashguards :D   I love my 17ft Lund with a 75Hp yammy tiller with whitecap guards.  I think you'll be fine with the 50HP as far as torque and hanging on to it to keep correcting while running in waves but when I repowered from a 60 to a 75HP I had to install a Titan hydraulic system on the tiller bracket or would have needed a shoulder replacement.  The bigger tillers are a beast to hang on to after a mile or two of correcting course in choppy water without assistance.  
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

Tom Hannock

« Reply #99 on: Apr 14, 2017, 08:51 AM »
Hey
What did you end up getting ?
I've got some new  " SECRET " jigs I'm ready to try out whenever your ready .
Ron
'

Hey I also like "SECRET" jigs Ron. 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #100 on: Apr 14, 2017, 08:52 AM »
It has been a long time since I last fished a true tiller boat. My last two boats had kickers on them. The last one was a 8hp and my back was killing me after a day on the water. I may have been just getting OLDER. I will fish the new one for awhile and see what I may want to add. Most likely go to something electric. Don't want to "shock" the wife with too much at once...lol

Just checked the water temp at a couple spots and it is right at 40 degrees. Should start to see some walleyes running. There was a small boat out below the bridge again this morning. Must be trout fishing....h2l

ADK Fishunter

« Reply #101 on: Apr 14, 2017, 09:07 AM »
Congrats on the new boat. Just saw the first boat go by here today and it's killing me.. Just had neck surgery so I won't be on the water for at least couple of months. Good luck fishing and save some for me. Fishunter
Fishing with an Attitude!

rondog

« Reply #102 on: Apr 14, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Hey I also like "SECRET" jigs Ron. 
I bought enough for all of us,I found them on Craigslist,A guy from Amsterdam makes them.Lurker and I went to his house and he had thousands of them.If I don't see you before the 6th.I'll give them to you then.
Hudson Temp. is 49* at Troy and there are fish in the Postenkill

rondog

« Reply #103 on: Apr 14, 2017, 09:44 AM »
It has been a long time since I last fished a true tiller boat. My last two boats had kickers on them. The last one was a 8hp and my back was killing me after a day on the water. I may have been just getting OLDER. I will fish the new one for awhile and see what I may want to add. Most likely go to something electric. Don't want to "shock" the wife with too much at once...lol

Just checked the water temp at a couple spots and it is right at 40 degrees. Should start to see some walleyes running. There was a small boat out below the bridge again this morning. Must be trout fishing....h2l
[/quote
Doug
I fished with " Tom Hannock "with his tiller set up and he makes it look easy,you really can get and stay on them .We were on a hump in your lake and found them he kept us on fish the entire time vertical jigging.He even had time to get a few :rotflol:

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #104 on: Apr 14, 2017, 10:22 AM »
Back trolling is how I learned this lake back in the early '70s. Old  Green flasher and Lindy Rigs. Put tons of fish in the boat. Don't use the rigs as much as I use to but at times it is what is needed. Jigs most of the time. I think I trolled spinners about 2 hours all last season....h2l

If it is the same guy in Amsterdam, I have seen his jigs. Looks like he has all half ounce. I seldom fish that big. I am sure they work well...h2l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.