FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga report ?  (Read 44104 times)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Sacandaga report ?
« Reply #225 on: Aug 20, 2018, 03:03 PM »
Tom, did you have your "lucky" net man in the boat? I caught 2 on Friday that were about 10".
I usually make a move if I am only catching shorts. Sometimes it isn't very far to find bigger fish....h2l

Tom Hannock

« Reply #226 on: Aug 20, 2018, 04:05 PM »
Tom, did you have your "lucky" net man in the boat? I caught 2 on Friday that were about 10".
I usually make a move if I am only catching shorts. Sometimes it isn't very far to find bigger fish....h2l

No I had Granpa Jack with me again.  I think rondog was going yesterday but not sure how he made out.  I fished 3 different spots both north and south of the Day launch about 4 miles apart and there were shorts at all of them. 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #227 on: Aug 20, 2018, 05:58 PM »
I was thinking of launching at Day one day this week but with the wind direction for Thurs and Fri will stay up this way and see what happens. Hoping the cooler nights will drop the water temps. Something has to turn the fish on sooner or later....h2l

rondog

« Reply #228 on: Aug 21, 2018, 04:38 AM »
We hit it on Sun. and started where we left them last time out, the first pass we landed 4 dropped 2, after that, we boated 7 more for the day. They are not on any waypoints from last year in any numbers. With the water going down and the temps dropping it should make a difference.
Hunts,  I haven't been the net man for  " Tom " for several years whenever we talk about getting out he slips  " SPOTSTEALER " into the conversation   :rotflol:
"

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #229 on: Aug 21, 2018, 05:40 AM »
For whatever reason the fish do seem to be moving a lot this season. The last couple trips I would find a pretty good bunch of fish, catch 1 or 2 and the school would be gone. I would work the area and not find them, or catch another on that spot. I have only one spot that has produced some fish this year, nothing like in past years but it has given up some fish. That spot I have only given up ONCE. Two US Marines came into the bait shop one day and told me they were at the campsite with their families and had fished for two days and not caught a walleye. They only wanted one good meal before they left. I told them to meet me out on the lake later in the day. They followed me out to my spot, I made one drift and tossed a marker for them. I left them after they had 5/6 fish in the boat and I told if I ever saw them there again I would hunt them down. That was a few years ago and I never saw them again. A couple very good Americans serving their country.
My old fishing friend was the only other that knew of it and he passed away a few years ago....h2l

lowaccord66

« Reply #230 on: Aug 21, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Semper Fi.  Nice thing you did for them Doug.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #231 on: Aug 21, 2018, 12:25 PM »
Semper Fi.  Nice thing you did for them Doug.

x2
Wicked Wec

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #232 on: Aug 22, 2018, 06:24 AM »
Will be fishing Thurs and Fri. this week. Talked to a guy coming off the lake yesterday. He said water temp was 73, so it has cooled. Right now the lake is about 4' below the target level....h2l

Tom Hannock

« Reply #233 on: Aug 22, 2018, 12:54 PM »
I should be up there Friday also.  Taking the old lady fishing or at least I'll be fishing and she'll be bored in an hour asking how much longer am I gonna fish and what time we'll be home ;D

lowaccord66

« Reply #234 on: Aug 22, 2018, 03:35 PM »
I should be up there Friday also.  Taking the old lady fishing or at least I'll be fishing and she'll be bored in an hour asking how much longer am I gonna fish and what time we'll be home ;D

Isn't that the best!

rondog

« Reply #235 on: Aug 22, 2018, 04:00 PM »
I'll be up on Friday also, it will be interesting to see what happens in three different ends of the lake,  two boats jigging one trolling :whistling:

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #236 on: Aug 23, 2018, 05:42 AM »
It's going to be a ZOO out there. Good Luck. We won't catch them all today. Will give an update tonight so you won't have to search for them...h2l

Tom Hannock

« Reply #237 on: Aug 23, 2018, 02:10 PM »
I'll be up on Friday also, it will be interesting to see what happens in three different ends of the lake,  two boats jigging one trolling :whistling:

Three different ends of the lake :whistling:  The heck with that I'm just going to follow you around and mark your spots on my GPS ;D 

rondog

« Reply #238 on: Aug 23, 2018, 02:33 PM »
Tom
You don't have to follow me, I can send you the GPS. coordinates. I thought that I was pretty clear the last time we talked about where I was and I'm sure I told you again last year. I don't mind sharing  with a friend    :thumbup_smilie:

Tom Hannock

« Reply #239 on: Aug 23, 2018, 03:13 PM »
Tom
You don't have to follow me, I can send you the GPS. coordinates. I thought that I was pretty clear the last time we talked about where I was and I'm sure I told you again last year. I don't mind sharing  with a friend    :thumbup_smilie:

Thanks Ronnie!!  I knew I could count on you ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.