FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga report ?  (Read 43976 times)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Sacandaga report ?
« Reply #270 on: Sep 08, 2018, 07:13 AM »
The fishing was pretty good in the morning but they were hard to come-by in the afternoon. Water temp was 77/78 out in the lake. That should start to drop with the cooler temps. The Northville launch wasn't bad, may be able to get another trip or two in. I kept a couple 18 inchers for an "older" couple down the road. I have let to see anything in
 the live well or in them when I clean them. I just don't know what they are eating. Ran into my cousin on the water, he was trolling and had not yet had a hit. I was doing pretty good with the jigs....h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #271 on: Sep 08, 2018, 07:21 AM »
Nice of you h2L to share your  bounty with others

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #272 on: Sep 09, 2018, 07:09 AM »
GSLFF contest was yesterday. Biggest walleye just over 23". My cousin was second with a 22 3/8"
                                            Biggest pike just over 40", caught by the same guy who had biggest walleye.
                                            Biggest bass was in the 18" range.

And NO TROUT were caught..

I didn't fish it....h2l

timelydecisions

« Reply #273 on: Sep 13, 2018, 11:39 AM »
does anyone know what water surface elevation the navionics charts are based on?

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #274 on: Sep 13, 2018, 12:01 PM »
The Max. water level is 771' above sea level. The lake has only been that high 2 or 3 times. The normal high water level is 768'. By looking at the HRRB website I can usually be pretty close to the water depth on my spots before I fish them. Hope this helps...h2l

beerbellybob106

« Reply #275 on: Sep 13, 2018, 09:35 PM »
Any updates on launches? I launched from town of day last Saturday just curious if guys are still launching from there want to get a couple more trips in

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #276 on: Sep 14, 2018, 05:52 AM »
All I can tell you is Northville was OK on Wed. The lake is up about 4/5 inches from the rain we got earlier in the week. Good Luck....h2l

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #277 on: Sep 20, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Got out yesterday. Northville launch was OK. Water temp is still in the mid 70's. Got some walleyes and SMB. Kept a couple walleyes for my daughter. Lost 2 jigs to pike. There were quite a few fishing boats out yesterday, all looking for that "good Fall fishing."...h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #278 on: Sep 20, 2018, 08:00 AM »

Catching 2 keepers sounds positive 👍🏻

cubbolton@18

« Reply #279 on: Sep 21, 2018, 11:25 AM »
Does anyone know the status of the launch in Day

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #280 on: Sep 21, 2018, 03:29 PM »
I see that BBB (5 post back) launched there a week ago. He didn't say anything about catching them all. The lake has dropped about 6 inches since then. I would think that it would still be OK, unless you will be alone. Good Luck if you go, Sat looks like a good day to be on the lake....h2l

beerbellybob106

« Reply #281 on: Sep 21, 2018, 06:37 PM »
I see that BBB (5 post back) launched there a week ago. He didn't say anything about catching them all. The lake has dropped about 6 inches since then. I would think that it would still be OK, unless you will be alone. Good Luck if you go, Sat looks like a good day to be on the lake....h2l
I did launch out of day last Saturday. Fishing was tough managed a few but nothing like the couple weeks prior. The water had warmed up a bit with the heat spell and I believe that shut them down. They should be turning back on though soon . the launch wasnt bad there was some larger cruisers going in when I was coming off.

rondog

« Reply #282 on: Sep 22, 2018, 05:14 AM »

"  Sat looks like a good day to be on the lake....h2l "
Headed out this Am. and almost got blown away, gusts to 35 MPH. I'll be up Sun.

cubbolton@18

« Reply #283 on: Sep 24, 2018, 06:02 PM »
Launched this morning at Day with 3 ft of the launch pad left so that will do it for this year. Me & my friend caught a few eyes jigging.Half of them were throwbacks

jrtbaits

« Reply #284 on: Sep 27, 2018, 02:06 PM »
On the way up there this weekend with the kayak any ideas on areas of the lake to look for bass over the next few days??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.