FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: North Adams Today  (Read 945 times)

bogtrotter

North Adams Today
« on: Nov 17, 2018, 03:17 PM »
I got out on a couple streams in North Adams for a couple hours or so late this morning and early this afternoon.

Sunny, 38 degrees, about 2 to 4 inches of snow (slowly turning to slush) on the ground.

I started on the North Hoosic by the Natural Marble Bridge State Park.

Nothing doing there so I tried Hudson Brook (which runs through the Park) and was gratified to reel in five brookies (ranging from 6" to 9") and one 10" brown.

Then I headed downstream to fish the North Hoosic below the Eclipse Mill dam, where I caught a nice 13" brown.

My only regret was that I lost an 18" lunker of a rainbow beneath the dam when, after an epic struggle, it slipped the hook at the lip of the ledge I was standing on just as I was about to land it,.

My only consolation is that it will (hopefully) be there next weekend and I will have another crack at catching it.

lowaccord66

Re: North Adams Today
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2018, 08:08 PM »
Nice report Jim.  How were the flows?  The farmington is blown out.  1500 cfs up by me. 

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2018, 08:49 PM »
The Millers out my way is a torrent...

bogtrotter

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2018, 06:18 AM »
The water levels were slightly more elevated than I expected but nowhere near as bad as they had been the past few weeks.

I think the snow has some of the excess ground water trapped in place, at least till it melts.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.