FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Mexico conquered!!!!!!!!!  (Read 13884 times)

north54

New Mexico conquered!!!!!!!!!
« on: Mar 07, 2008, 05:33 PM »
Since this link is empty, I claim it in the name of Canada..........eh.

So what goes on down here? 

You will recieve your new orders soon from the Manitoba board.

bigred1

Re: New Mexico conquered!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2008, 01:13 PM »
Born and raised there,  Manitoba can have it.  Lots of luck.

windwalker

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2008, 02:05 PM »
Great lands in New Mexico. Last time I went fishing there was in 1966. A group of four headed out to Lake Konch, a 150 mile trip to the nearest lake.  Breathtaking drive, badlands an mountains, quite remote. When we arrived at sundown we had to climb down a rocky cliff like embankment to get to the lake, to make camp. On the way down we found plenty rattlesnake warnings. Well spent the week on those shores and only caught crayfish. I mean we survived on them. Great trip! Don't expect to see a bait shop.  ;D

Another great NM trip, was a boat trip down the San Juan river. Talking about beautiful. We could stop at many secluded spots and set up camp. Rainbow trout were the game on this trip. Good fishing down threw Apache lands. fun fun  ;)
LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH
 TO CATCH A FISH, SO BIG, THAT NOT EVEN I,WHEN SPEAKING OF IT, WILL EVER HAVE TO LIE.

north54

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:47 PM »
How big are we talking on the Rainbows? 

windwalker

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2008, 08:28 AM »
It was the largeness of the land, that stands out in my mind. Truly wild and untouched. It kind of gave us insight on how it must of been for the people who call this place home.  8)
LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH
 TO CATCH A FISH, SO BIG, THAT NOT EVEN I,WHEN SPEAKING OF IT, WILL EVER HAVE TO LIE.

north54

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Did anything about the largeness of the Rainbows stand out in your mind?  Just to give me an insight into the fish that call this place home....

windwalker

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Did anything about the largeness of the Rainbows stand out in your mind?  Just to give me an insight into the fish that call this place home....

10-16" caught on a jar of eggs called patskis or something like that. Sinking line with a short leader. If they lived this long, they should be large by now.  :D
LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH

rezeye

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2009, 09:02 PM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

jacksmelt

« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2009, 06:49 PM »
used to fish elephant butte lake when i was stationed there in the army in the early 90's. its up around truth or consequences. drank alot of beer and caught tons of cats and white perch there. was too hot to fish during the day so we fished at night. shot carp as big as 40lbs. w/ .22's. ahh... the good ol' days! anyone on here fish there at all?
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.