FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Greetings!!! Anyone else from the Black Hills Area?  (Read 4585 times)

Kodiakman

• "...sometimes the bear gits you."
Greetings!!! Anyone else from the Black Hills Area?
« on: Mar 12, 2006, 04:21 PM »
I discovered this site back in September but never really introduced myself.  So at the risk of sounding pretentious, here it goes.  I'm a Pennsylvania transplant by way of Georgia.  I've been living here for over 7 years and have to say I love this area.  There are plenty of fishing opportunities throughout the Hills (besides trout) and I know there has got to be more people out there enjoying it than the few that post here.  I like fishing for pretty much anything that swims but I'de have to say I enjoy Walleye and pan fish the most.

Anyone else from the Black Hills?  If your Lurking, please feel free to make yourself a profile and post.  We don't Bite...Well most of the time  :w00t: .  LOL!!!  The more people that participate in these forums the better it is for everyone.   :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:  It's fun to read about other peoples fishing experiences and stories.

wallyhuntr

• OH where OH where are those suckers.
Re: Greetings!!! Anyone else from the Black Hills Area?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2006, 10:59 PM »
kodiakman  and perchfisher.  thought I would drop you both a line.  Handle here is wallyhuntr  and I live near keyhole res. in wyo. not exactally the black hills but close. I just registered on mmf.  go by keyholeiceman on I.S. havn't been on either very long. just getting started.  one of the reasons for this letter. other than to introduce my self is find out more about angustora res.  I fished the lake when I was a lad  right after it was filled. in the early 50's.  my dad took us to the lake from alliance nebr.  haven't been back for many years.  My wife and I are getting ready to retire to Edgemont in a few months. WHAY?  she was raised in Edgemont.  I am excited to fish angustora again. never been much of a trout man but anything else works for me even carp.  Won't be settled untill fall but if there is any water left in the old girl by sept or oct.  I will be out there.  so watch out for me  I will be the little old man in an old 16 foot lund with a little white dog.  Never leave home with out her.  good fishing.     sincerely     wallyhuntr       

Kodiakman

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2006, 07:50 AM »
Wallyhuntr, Supposedly the walleye fishing is pretty good once you figure out a pattern but I've found it pretty hit an miss.  Last Year I think the water level got down to 35 or 40% of capacity I think.  It's got an abundance of channel cats and there's supposed to be decent Bass and Crappie Fishing too.  I mostly go up to Orman when Walleye fishing though.

wallyhuntr

• OH where OH where are those suckers.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2006, 11:21 AM »
K- man  glad to hear back.  I see you are from rapid. the wife and I make it over there quite often.  Yea I know the lakes are really down.  mabe this last snow will help.  man we better get some major moisture pretty soon or we will all be stream fishing.  keyhole is way down.  I have seen it when it was lower.  Have several friends that go to orman to fish.  never been there myself.  don't know if I will be able to make it this year either with the address change.  makes it farther for me from edgemont. however being a resident will make some differance where I fish.  never wanted to pay out of state when we have good fishing here.  yea I know that angustora  have largemouth  and cats. remember watching the bass chase minnows in one of the coves. was really exciting.  t.he water was crystal clear then. probably about around 1952 .   looks like we won't be moving untill later june.  do you fish keyhole?  If so mabe we can get together this spring after the lake opens up 

Kodiakman

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2006, 10:43 AM »
I've never fished Keyhole but a buddy of mine has brought up the idea of taking the families on a camping trip over there as an excuse to get his boat in and check it out (I'm boatless).  With these gas prices and 2 or 3 lakes to walleye fish that are closer, we can't justify making the trip yet.  I've heard the Walleye fishin is pretty good over there.

Ice Dawg

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2007, 11:08 AM »
Kodiakman, It might be easier to get together with wallyhntr now because he moved to SD last fall. I think he went south for a couple of months because I haven't had a PM from him all winter. Ya still keepin all those phones workin??
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

nodakbassmaster

« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2011, 10:19 PM »
Well, this looks like a happinin place!  :o
-Richard

08 Lund Tyee 1850 Gran Sport

royjulius

• Bluegills and Shorelunch!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2011, 06:22 AM »
I was born and raised here in the BH and still live here and fish as much as possible. I have done well in bass tournaments as well as ice tournaments here, but mostly I like to just fish for food. Good fresh fish is hard to beat! I migrated over from the shanty. This is a great site! ;D

nodakbassmaster

« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2011, 10:52 PM »
or it will be if we get some posting members... ::)
-Richard

08 Lund Tyee 1850 Gran Sport

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.