FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: North Country Overwhelmed!!  (Read 4280 times)

PIKEBAIT

Re: North Country Overwhelmed!!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 23, 2020, 03:57 PM »
Butter? Dick I used Salt Pork.
Denny you are remembering your cowboy days.  When in Oregon we used buffalo fat. 
Dick

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2020, 11:55 AM »
Nice weather and the boat launches are busy....oh the horror.  But hey Dick let's but the Corona spin on it right?  News flash....boat launches and the north country were busy every year....even before Corona.  There's a good way to deal with it.  Stay home!

You're forgetting one point related to the Covid disaster that directly influences/affects these crowds....many aren't working, so instead of staying home and moping around the house they choose to go out. I've seen a huge jump in the numbers of people on the water (as well as on bicycles) this year.
Since many cannot afford (or choose not) to travel, they look for a "stay-cation" alternative.

Unfortunately there are more and more people making similar choices, which means more and more people hitting the boat ramps.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #17 on: Jun 27, 2020, 06:18 AM »

:P.  I'm still frustrated by numbers of people using launch reps for picnics and swimming.  I shouldn't have to ask people to clear ramp before I even begin to back to water.
Has Covid  made people less considerate or drummer?
Also, many of my ramps are created by hydro co.  with no F+G
oversight.   
Of course it isn't completely down country tourists.  I'm afraid that much of the misuse and trash comes from north country Vermonters  as well as unemployed locals.   I don't want to think of this the future of my Conn.  River experience.
Dick

mowbizz

« Reply #18 on: Jun 27, 2020, 07:53 AM »
You should call Fish and Game if you run into these inconsiderate people using ramps for swimming/partying etc. F&G will clear them out.
It’s really the only thing you can do.

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #19 on: Jun 27, 2020, 08:07 PM »
My local Moore Reservoir and Comerford Reservoir launches are maintained by Great River Hydro not Vt. Or NH .
They do a great job but have no security staff.
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.