FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: kayak fishing  (Read 10371 times)

BIGCREW

kayak fishing
« on: Apr 06, 2013, 09:58 PM »
anybody here into this,it seems to be really taking off,and I guess it does have its advantages,and with a trolling motor rigged up on it with foot control steering is awsome,I dont know how to post a link but check this thing out at kingfisherelectricboat.com I think its a neat boat

ScubaSteve

Re: kayak fishing
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2013, 06:43 PM »
I got a sit on top over the winter. Can't wait to get out more once school's out.

BIGCREW

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2013, 06:36 AM »
I have been looking at them,it seems that most guys are using the sit on tops,I dont like having a wet butt so Im leaning towards a sit in style,what really stinks is theres no place around that I know of that will let you try one out before you buy it,I dont want to get one only to find out that it isnt what I wanted,so for this year Im going to keep an eye out for a cheap used one and I plan on building one of those kingfisher boats over the winter the plans are only 60 bucks

duke

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2013, 07:27 AM »
I have been looking at them,it seems that most guys are using the sit on tops,I dont like having a wet butt so Im leaning towards a sit in style,what really stinks is theres no place around that I know of that will let you try one out before you buy it,I dont want to get one only to find out that it isnt what I wanted,so for this year Im going to keep an eye out for a cheap used one and I plan on building one of those kingfisher boats over the winter the plans are only 60 bucks
I don't know where you are at but I paddled many while working in the Adirondack Park in New York State before finding the one I wanted. As a matter a fact the owner, Ike, of the Kayak Shack located on Lake George encouraged me to paddle as many as I liked before I bought. I also didn't want a wet butt so I bought a 12' sit in Pungo. Bought it specifically for fishing and love it, it's very stable.

BIGCREW

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2013, 11:47 AM »
Im from northeast pa around the scranton area,theres a few places that rent kayaks out so I might go and see what they have,most likely they will have low end kayaks because there only renting them out but you never know until you look,I have been doing alot of research but reading and riding are 2 differant things,whats good for one guy doesnt make it good for the other guy all the time,Im a bit on the large side at 6'1" and 260 lbs so I need one that will suit my needs,Im going to build that kingfisher boat over the winter reguardless,thats what I really want but no time to build it right now with summer time stuff going on,thanks for the advise

Thor

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2013, 03:10 PM »
Here is something of a canoe/kayak hybrid that received good reviews from members on another forum....

http://www.nucanoe.com/

ole sam

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2013, 05:31 PM »
Hey Bigcrew I think Endless Mountain Outfitters will let you try them out and supposedly has 100+ in stock.  The have used also.  Check them out on the web.  They're around Wyalusing, PA.
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

BIGCREW

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2013, 11:08 AM »
thanks for the tip I will check them out,I really dont want to buy one without trying it first

Stonecat

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2013, 05:13 AM »

trihull814

« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2014, 12:26 PM »
I'll be out in my kayak prolly Thursday or Friday good part of the dam by my house has open water so why not

JPM80

« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2014, 08:02 PM »
Looking at getting a Jackson Cuda 12 kayak, anyone have any experience with them, pro/con? There are a lot of claimed stable sit-on-tops, hard to decide which way to go. I plan on going to the east coast kayak show this weekend in NJ, hope to get some answers there as well.

JSOKO

« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:27 AM »
I just bought 2  -   12' Jackson Cudas.
We have not tried them out yet, everything is still frozen here.

frost

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2014, 11:12 AM »
I have 2 ocean kayak prowler 13' sit on top and love them! I'm 6'3" 250 and can stand to fish. I also use it for duck hunting and take my 85* lab with me. He jumps out to retrieve and I can get him back in. They are so much more comfortable than the sit in. I live on (1/2 mile away) from pymy if anyone is in the area and wants to hit the water on one to try we can definitely arrange something come open water, like I said I have 2.

Walikiler

« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2014, 08:04 AM »
Has anyone fished from a WAVE WALK KAYAK? Looks like it has a lot of possibilities for me but is it worth the money.

mike-n-cin1

« Reply #14 on: Mar 30, 2014, 05:03 PM »
I do not think they will let you try it but you can sit in them and see how they feel. I purchased an Eagle Talon from dicks in the summer on sale for 400 dollars. Can't beat the price and features. Look up the reviews and youtube videos for some ideas. I know its not in the same class as some others mentioned here but surely worth a look. It is a good quality and very stable machine. Just a thought to throw out at you. Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.