FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Lake Wallenpaupak  (Read 5686 times)

freytown

Lake Wallenpaupak
« on: Feb 24, 2018, 02:05 PM »
Ledgedale bridge area is ice-free up lake for aprox 1/2 mile. Launch area there is open and boats can be launch.
Open water season begins.  ;D  FT

taxid

Re: Lake Wallenpaupak
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2018, 10:52 AM »
I remember in my younger days in another state about 50 years ago we had to wait for the season to open about April 15th to get on the water because there was a trout season and all the lakes had trout in them. It really sucked walking down to a lake on a nice spring day and you were't allowed to fish yet!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bobama

« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2018, 05:33 PM »
Have the perch moved.close.to shore with open water

chris458wm

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2018, 08:47 PM »
That's good news but now we have to deal with all this darn snow.  UGH what a winter, it seems like Mother Nature has it out for fishermen this year.   :cursing:

Spider1

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2018, 08:36 AM »
I haven't been up to the pack lately but I just saw a live webcam. Looks like the lake is wide open.

chris458wm

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2018, 03:37 PM »
You know me, I'd much rather it have good ice but open water is better than ice that's not fishable, the problem with the snow is trudging through it to get to the water. 

Spider1

« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2018, 06:17 PM »
Snowshoes and a kayak! But boy I bet that water is cold! lol!

chris458wm

« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2018, 06:27 PM »
Yeah that's an idea and put the boat on a smitty sled so the snow doesn't stick to the bottom of the boat and freeze.  I'm surprised RuttNutt didn't come up with that plan already or is he still trying to get on the ice with the dingy.   :whistling:

Spider1

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2018, 05:05 AM »
nope, but the dingy is next.  ::)

CHEZ2

« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2018, 06:28 AM »
All I know is the river is open and accessible.
Instead of being down on the lake fishing,hit the river guys.smallies and catfish.i belive the Eyes went out now.
I went for a ride to Prompting pillway yesterday,was up that way for my work.man it was an awsome site.cant fish it now because of stocked waters,but man it looked nice.i seen fish in the lower pool.seems they threw trout in it already.

chris458wm

« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2018, 08:46 PM »
I might take you up on the river deal if I can get some free time on the weekend.  I have stuff going on this Saturday and next  but maybe next Sunday.

JMZ

« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2018, 09:19 PM »
Did anyone catch any waileye before the season went out. I heard they move in to spawn after ice out. How about perch; are they biting in any of the bays?
Milita Member of Iceshanty.com

mdehaven

« Reply #12 on: Mar 29, 2018, 10:39 AM »
was wondering if anyone has been to the lake this week? went up two weekends ago and still was a lot of ice. wondering if the ramps are open yet and if anyone was having luck, particularly by the stream

freytown

« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2018, 04:20 PM »
PFBC launch at dam is locked-in ice. Ledgedale  & Capri are open. Martins Cove, Lyons Cove and Beachhouse Cove partial ice cover too.

freytown

« Reply #14 on: Sep 08, 2018, 07:05 AM »
With the overcast sky yesterday I had good day on the sm & perch. Was using the original rapala #11 with a bottom bouncer. It was great to fish the Pak without the New York & New Jersey navy,  gone for the season. LOL  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.