FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: They killed our lake!  (Read 5783 times)

pabassman

Re: They killed our lake!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:54 PM »
 I recently moved out of an association community. Glad to get out. Nice place but the board was always terrible. "Rule" changes with no notice happened all the time. It has a nice lake mostly unfishable. Terrible boat launch. They have been going through a drawdown/dam thing for several years. Previous GM got in a bunch of trouble with the fish commission for comments about the proposed work. He was on record saying things like we will have a big fish fry. The lakes outlet fed a stocked stream about a mile below so just letting fish flow down into that didn't go over well either. Like said above. Give them a title and they go crazy lol.

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Well, it made the local paper. Sounds like incompetence to me. Said they needed to draw the lake down to inspect the outflow pipe. Which essentially meant draining the lake. But no plan to save the fish or restock. Just as I suspected!  ::)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2018, 08:52 AM »
Thats really to bad...   Just think of all the animals , reptiles and birds that depended on it..    :-\ :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2018, 12:28 PM »
Wow. I would push back hard for some sort of restocking program.
Wicked Wec

chris458wm

« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2018, 09:58 PM »
I wonder if any of the local D.E.P. or Fish Commission people read the story.  I bet if they did they're going to be coming looking for answers and the geniuses that did it might get pretty nervous pretty fast.

CHEZ2

« Reply #20 on: Nov 16, 2018, 04:43 PM »
They all stick TOGETHER Chris.
Money talks Bull Crap walks.
YOU KNOW how it goes.
Look at Whiter Oak and Lower Woods.
It's a Shame,TRULY  is.

chris458wm

« Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2018, 08:54 AM »
You're right about that but the difference here is it's a home owner's association that did it so they have a better chance of getting nailed for it. 

mr.clean

« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2018, 05:00 PM »
I've been following this thread shame officers for home owners assoc. did not take proper actions before lowering water level in the lake and now home owners will pay for the mistake. Unfortunately this problem happens all to often with private lakes when water levels need to be lowered for dam inspections and other work.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.