FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: virus  (Read 10829 times)

filetandrelease

Re: virus
« Reply #60 on: Mar 12, 2020, 08:43 PM »

http:// So far, 16,000 people have died and 280,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.Feb 21, 2020

Badbrad2186

« Reply #61 on: Mar 12, 2020, 08:48 PM »
http:// So far, 16,000 people have died and 280,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.Feb 21, 2020

My wife is a nurse she said more people die every year fro. The flu than this has cause and to just wash your Dam HANDS

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #62 on: Mar 13, 2020, 05:21 AM »

This container is from last year

corona  is a generic name for respiratory infections what we are facing is a new virus

named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “corona virus disease 2019” like a new strain of flu

the reason why more died with flu is many more people got the flu this virus just started  the dearh rate is much higher then the  flu

i think the toilet paper issue is people thinking hygene needs
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #63 on: Mar 13, 2020, 07:32 AM »
The toilet paper frenzie is the direct result of social media. As is the huge panic going on right now. No new vaccine is going to be in place for many months. Depending on what internet blather you choose to believe, it's either going to decimate the entire planet or it's going to go away just as the last 3 major strains have.

I've watched the crazies for the last week buying up masks, TP, every type of cleaning product on the shelf, wipes, sanitizer and even tyvek suits. One woman bought 5 full cases of tyvek suits.

I asked a fellow yesterday with 10 24 packs of toilet paper in his cart why he was buying all that and his response was, "my wife told me to". With limits of 10 each of particular items, there was a woman on Monday who tried to get through the checkout with no less than 30 canisters of Lysol wipes. She was near hysterical when she was told that she was limited to 10. I thought they were going to have to call the police.

In my 70 years on this earth ( as of Monday) I've only seen people go this nuts maybe once before and that was during the so-called gas shortages. Social media and the world's addiction to instant contact and information are the root of this panic.

9 out of 10 panic buyers in the store have been  women. Coffee in one hand and cell phone in the other.

One good result is that people no longer want to thank me by shaking my hand. That always creeped me out anyway.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #64 on: Mar 13, 2020, 07:43 AM »

So true RG
 I’m working on 64 years and seen my share
 Of sickness , the media has definitely taken a hold of the reins , and not for the better as I see it ,

mcully

« Reply #65 on: Mar 13, 2020, 08:21 AM »
I’ve never felt the need for a handgun until Wegmans last night when I stopped for cereal and crushed tomatoes. Third world country type actions going on.
Really sad.
My daughters a senior in college and struggles with school but works hard and is on track to graduate on time so for her not to be able to walk at graduation is going to be crushing.
My junior in high school most likely played her final travel volleyball and we will know shortly but most likely no spring school softball. Maybe no school period.
My wife and I however did buy a NOS 211 Key West this week so we can isolate ourselves in the middle of a lake. Probably not a wise financial move but this too shall pass.
Wash your hands upon entering my house is the new rule.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #66 on: Mar 13, 2020, 08:25 AM »
So sad Mcully. But as you said...this too shall pass.

I'm curious to see what they'll be after today. I told one of the managers that they should move all the toilet plungers and snakes into the bays where the TP was.

Maybe we can start an internet rumor that the smell of new mulch around your house keeps the virus away. We've got about 120,000 bags of that on the property right now.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

FrankM

« Reply #67 on: Mar 13, 2020, 08:40 AM »
I got TP for sale. $1.00 a sheet.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

mcully

« Reply #68 on: Mar 13, 2020, 09:35 AM »
I’m mulching this weekend
Cleaned beds out and ran bagger already

FrankM

« Reply #69 on: Mar 13, 2020, 10:49 AM »
The Ayatollah Tabrizian says western medicine is un-islamic. He recommends combing your hair, eating lots of onions and apples and inserting a cotton ball soaked in violet leaf oil in your anus to cure CV. Who knew?
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #70 on: Mar 13, 2020, 11:05 AM »
well i'm no expert on  disease control   or  a  medical expert  .... hell i won't  even tell you how think the ice is  when i go in fear i could  tell you something wrong  but i know this  much ..... this  stuff is real  and is  bad ,nothing personal  , but i'm going to listen to  the  CDC and  WHO  experts  follow thier   suggestions  and   pray  a  few  people i know that are at high risk don't get it ..... am i worried  ..... thats a  BIG YES ....i wash my hands  about  20 times  a  day wash my face  and use  hand  sanitizer i wipe  counter tops  down   spray  door  knobs the  whole  deal  wash my face  when i  come in .... why  because i know this much ...i rather listen  to the  CDC  then a bunch of old farts  that love to  talk about catching perch and blue  gills (me included) i'm smart enough to know ,i don't know, so i follow  the  suggestions  of  experts....to not do so, i  not only endanger my life  but i  endanger everyone else i come into contact with  and those i love the most ...... now  i  was  afraid  to  give  a  ice  thickness report this  year  because i didn't  want to endanger anyone  else  ...i sure  don't want to down play  this and  get a  bunch of  people  sick or  worse ......  follow  the  reccomendations  of  the  CDC ......
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

aquaman

• I,ll be home before dark. ( yeah right)
« Reply #71 on: Mar 13, 2020, 12:07 PM »
Good news. Theres no virus in the middle of lake erie. Ill be there till october if anyone needs me
I remember EVERY TIME I fished or hunted. The REST of the time I...uh...um..... musta been doing something else that didnt matter.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #72 on: Mar 13, 2020, 01:00 PM »
They should have waited to have the 2020 census till next year.   Things might change in the next couple weeks..   8)   ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #73 on: Mar 13, 2020, 01:37 PM »
I refuse to take the census. Always have. Even had a schmo come to my door to try to get me to take it. I told him to get lost. None of his business!

No one said not to follow the recommendations of health officials. I'd take a bath in hand sanitizer.....if the panic stricken droves hadn't bought it up.

Anyway, today it was laundry sanitizer ( which don't understand), bleach, Lysol, paper towels, industrial cleaners and bottled water.

Rg

UglyStik

« Reply #74 on: Mar 13, 2020, 02:08 PM »
So, I decided to listen to the WHO today.

I do feel a little better.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.