FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: opening day is almost here  (Read 4246 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
opening day is almost here
« on: Mar 29, 2021, 04:04 PM »
like a little kid waiting  for christmas i'm  so excited i am having a  hard time getting any sleep,  but trips  to outdoor stores  checking streams and making plans help
 i have new waders  to start and filled the fly boxes  refilled my spinning box with  a few  phoebes ,panther martins and thompsons  wiggle eels
 plans are  simple  first opening day  hitting  waters near me me  then heading to the catskills where i can jump the border  and  stay at camp then PA opens  the 3rd and i'll fish  streams close to camp where the rules are a  bit more simple shall we  say .... i really can't wait  and i want to hear  every ones  experiences this year good luck  and are you ready????
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mac Attack

Re: opening day is almost here
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2021, 05:00 PM »
I used to take the opener off and go
Haven’t the past 12-15 yrs.
Always too busy.

This year I swore I was going.
Even built myself a new UL spinning rod for it.  One for Jeff too.

Too busy this week.
 :-\

trapper2000

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2021, 05:11 PM »
i been hitting a  very small ontario  trib getting   bows and a few  browns but i really  want to get to a few  onondaga streams ....lots of years i help stock  lot of  fun

bbfrogger

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2021, 07:47 PM »
Good luck, hope you do well - I'll be taking my mom to cataract surgery, then getting stitches out of my hand - I hope....... I'd rather be fishing !

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2021, 08:00 PM »
They killed that excitement for me 2 years in a row here in CT by opening the season randomly. 

I just read 44 pages of your states new trout management plan.  It's interesting to say the least.

trapper2000

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2021, 05:29 AM »
hey i  don't understand it i won't pretending to and i think it's a bad idea that being said i am still going to try to stay positive i'll only fish waters  i KNOW the rules and as i said PA is a lot more trout fisherman friendly i don't mind going to camp and i fish down there anyways....... i hope everyone picks up a copy ...44 pages of rules on ny trout streams and avoid any tickets.....

i have used  opening  day as a excuse to go shopping in every outdoor i know  since i was a kid this  year my only exception is i have learned about amazon so i am stocked with  the  latest greatest gear  that i will never use all for 5 trout no 3  no 1  wait below that rock is 5   below that  set of rapids is 3 .... oh forget it

Hardwaterhonkey

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2021, 06:15 AM »
like a little kid waiting  for christmas i'm  so excited i am having a  hard time getting any sleep,  but trips  to outdoor stores  checking streams and making plans help
 i have new waders  to start and filled the fly boxes  refilled my spinning box with  a few  phoebes ,panther martins and thompsons  wiggle eels
 plans are  simple  first opening day  hitting  waters near me me  then heading to the catskills where i can jump the border  and  stay at camp then PA opens  the 3rd and i'll fish  streams close to camp where the rules are a  bit more simple shall we  say .... i really can't wait  and i want to hear  every ones  experiences this year good luck  and are you ready????
Where’s your camp in pa trap? I’m on the pa side 5 minutes from the Delaware and the border

trapper2000

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2021, 06:35 AM »
not far  little  meadows

trapper2000

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2021, 07:06 AM »
TWO MORE DAYS!!!!!

bbfrogger

« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2021, 10:10 AM »
Some of my favorite memories of trout fishing with my dad and grandfather involved finding the right sized forked stick to whittle down and put the trout on, then backtracking 3 or 4 times to try to find where I set it down to fish  :laugh: :laugh:

Hardwaterhonkey

« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2021, 10:42 AM »
not far  little  meadows
Ah the opposite direction, I’m in lackawaxen much closer to the Catskills

trapper2000

« Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2021, 11:02 AM »
i'll have my brothers old wicker creel and my pops  net with me  ;D  thats  the thing with trout fishing is the  memories  and the tradition of it. be fun to hear some memories  ;D  when i  was a child   salmon river was a really good trout stream  before salmon  we would  go up  fishing for the day   good times

trapper2000

« Reply #12 on: Mar 30, 2021, 02:41 PM »
ok i couldn't take the wait sooooo i snuck to a  very small ontario trib  ...sorry not going to mention the  name  however i got 2  steelies and a brown a week ago ... today i hooked  what i thought was a fall fish it ended up being the smallest  brown i ever caught out of a trib  it was only  8 or 9 inches....

bbfrogger

« Reply #13 on: Mar 30, 2021, 03:36 PM »
Nice - you're starting to get me excited and I can't even go - hahahaha

filetandrelease

« Reply #14 on: Mar 30, 2021, 04:26 PM »

Before the hatchery , from beaver dam brook into the race way was great trout fishing ,
 Back then they ran the water different,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.