FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smelt  (Read 10022 times)

Panhandler

Re: Smelt
« Reply #75 on: Apr 15, 2009, 04:32 PM »
Anybody know if the smelt are running in the lower Niagara yet ??? I missed it last year due to illness and I don't want to miss this year.   They sure are tasty :D :D

fishingjason

« Reply #76 on: Apr 15, 2009, 08:56 PM »
Not much luck in Cayuga Lake yet. Owasco has had a pretty good run so far. The size of the Owasco Smelt have been surprisingly large. Females too.
Owasco is usually earlier than Cayuga, however they usually are running pretty good at the S. end of Cayuga by now.
We will check both lakes tonight and tomorrow night.
Good luck.!!!
Still trying.
Owasco is better than nothing.
Cayuga is nothing!
I'll keep trying.
Anybody else??

slabspanker

• i love wood and wood products
« Reply #77 on: Apr 16, 2009, 10:47 AM »
Anybody know if the smelt are running in the lower Niagara yet ??? I missed it last year due to illness and I don't want to miss this year.   They sure are tasty :D :D

WENT DOWN TUESDAY NIGHT. 9PM-12 NOTHING ANYWHERE 'TILL 11PM. THEN IT TURNED ON A BIT.

Trout6578

« Reply #78 on: Apr 16, 2009, 11:24 AM »
Anybody been to Naples this week?

tucker

• central NY, heart of tax and spend
« Reply #79 on: Apr 16, 2009, 02:36 PM »
went to salmon creek on cayuga last night.  from 9-11 nothing.  then they turned on a bit then.  left short time later.  still not the runs i hear about from the old timers but it is something.

vogel451

« Reply #80 on: Apr 16, 2009, 02:55 PM »
Hello everyone, im a new member to the site.  Thanks to everyone for the helpful info.  Snagger you might remember me from my brief visit to your lodge on April 1st with a friend of mine.  Im from Ithaca and I went to the salmon river on Cayuga lake smelting last night, just like the guy who posted b4 me :). There were four of us with nets, We managed to get a total of 60 from 10pm-1pm.  Was great fun, only my 3rd time going.  Have fun!
-Mclovin out

alleganycod

« Reply #81 on: Apr 23, 2009, 01:25 PM »
Are fish still in naples creek?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.