FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Laws and regulations on alcohol and boating  (Read 9897 times)

gunner

Re: Laws and regulations on alcohol and boating
« Reply #15 on: Jun 08, 2009, 08:14 PM »
And here I'm worried about someone in my boat with an open container so that I get a ticket------When I or someone could T-Bone one of these guys in the dark.  It never ceases to amaze me!!!! Gunner

troutaddict33

« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2009, 04:26 PM »
My mothers friend is a cop on a local lake. She said that you don't get pulled over unless you're being dumb. Even if you are driving by them with a beer in your hand they don't pull you over. She said most people let go if they're just a little drunk too because by the time they got back to shore and in to get a blood test youde have sobered up enough by then. Not saying to do it, just saying what i was directly told.

iceplank

« Reply #17 on: Jun 09, 2009, 08:42 PM »
guess it depends on where you are. i can think of a couple places in the rochester area and here in eastern ny where they are going to pull over everyone to check for flags, horns, life vest, fire extinguishers and possible strip searches if your boat is under 2000$ . if your intox expect the boat to be towed!!!!!! :o

esox v

« Reply #18 on: Jun 12, 2009, 09:57 PM »
My mothers friend is a cop on a local lake. She said that you don't get pulled over unless you're being dumb. Even if you are driving by them with a beer in your hand they don't pull you over. She said most people let go if they're just a little drunk too because by the time they got back to shore and in to get a blood test youde have sobered up enough by then. Not saying to do it, just saying what i was directly told.

I see lots of people go flying by my house all summer long handcuffed in a life vest on the the front of a police boat. Sometimes more than one a day. By law they need to give you a test within two hours.   
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

aj454

« Reply #19 on: Jun 14, 2009, 06:22 AM »
Don't be fooled people. As long as there is a man with a gun and badge you can be charged with pickin your nose if they want to.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.