FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lund boats  (Read 10192 times)

gert9888

Lund boats
« on: Mar 18, 2010, 04:50 PM »
im looking to close the deal on a new lund 1825 rebel and was curious if anyone has a lund and what everybody thinkls about them im lookin for a boat that i can troll the big o and finger lake but also cast with my bow mount trolling motor in the water looking for opinions thanks
You can read the fishing report or be in it! Get out and fish

saquelie

Re: Lund boats
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2010, 05:26 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie:love mine,cant be beat . :clapping:

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2010, 07:19 PM »
if i was to buy another boat i would have to wreck my lund first the absolute best boat on the water and with the top to bottom lifetime warrantee how could you go wrong dont second guess yourself buy that boat you will love it mine handles smooth in a 2-3 foot chop and its only a 14 footer have had it on ontario oneida senaca  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

walleye64

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2010, 08:00 PM »
Lund your paying for the name :'( 

I'd go with alumacraft.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2010, 08:15 PM »
Lund your paying for the name :'( 

I'd go with alumacraft.
Good joke  ::) ::)        Lunds hold their value better than ANY boat made and there's a reason for it !     Reputation, quality, durability, comfort, etc, etc, etc. !

I've owned boats by many manufacturers over the years and none of them can or did compare with my Lund Pro V.
Only boat I would consider if Lunds were not available today is a Polarkraft !     They're right up there....right behind Lund !
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2010, 08:27 PM »
I,d listen to what Gamma has to say, the guy is a pro in fishing equip. Been around a while too 8)

eyedoktr

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2010, 09:25 PM »
I have fished out of most every make aluminum boat. My Lund is the best I have fished out of. I have an '04 1800 Fisherman with a 135 hp Optimax, 9.9 hp ProKicker, bow mount Minn Kota, all color Lowrance electronics. Absolutely still in love with it. Princecraft also makes a very fine boat.
Pete Lewis

knehrke

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2010, 05:32 AM »
My 17 Mr. Pike is all you could ask for in a boat. You'll never regret buying one. Of course, paying half price for a gently used boat that's a couple years old is even better...

The Alumacraft Tournament Series 18' is a nice boat, too; I particularly like the wide gunnels. But this was a question about Lunds, right? Thumbs up!

pieman1998

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2010, 05:43 AM »
love my lund 1650 rebel :thumbup_smilie:

LUNDMAN

« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2010, 06:01 AM »
have a LUND angler ss 1650 w/60hp 4-stroke and wouldn`t trade it for anything!!

Lund sss

• Tight Lines, Steve
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2010, 06:26 AM »
As a proud owner I'll tell you flat the most solid boat out there, been out on Lake Ontario in 6' whitecaps and the only reason we left is my partner started to feel uncomfortable. He NEVER felt as though the boat wasn't capable of handling more.  1900 Pro V Se dual console with 150 HO ETEC  50 mph rocks when you got to run 5 miles through 2-3 footers you feel like your in a waterborn missile.
I'm not shure if the hull on the rebel line is the same as the Pro V line but they ( Lund ) still make the best boats on the water. You might want to look on Walleye central web page there's ALOT of good boats used if your willing to drive to get one.

filetandrelease

« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2010, 07:25 AM »
I just love my 2025 pro-v IFS/le ,tournament I have a verado ,and a pro kicker , they[lund] do cost more but the resale value is outstanding ,and the ride is sweet and waranty is unmatched , [gert] I don't know if you fish for eyes if you do a back troller is a handy tool with a set of wave wackers, and ram rod holders are a nice touch if that model has the track system you can put them anywhere in the boat in seconds ,a marine radio is a must in my book, options are unlimited , and [old] gamma fish has been around a long time ,but remember guys any boat is better than no boat at all, took me many years to get to this point and god I'm enjoying every min. in mine, safe and happy whippen boys and girls ,tite lines

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2010, 07:52 AM »
I have a 50th aniversary 1998 16' Adventure with a 30 HP 4 stroke, I have fished all over the US with it, she holds up on Ontario and fishes in decent chop very well, no issues...you do pay for the name but the name is worth it, I have some buddies that have Tracker boats and they are nice for the money, the all welded...some day I will have a bigger LUND to go wiith my little green fish killer...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

snuffynra

« Reply #13 on: Mar 19, 2010, 08:07 AM »
as a owner of both lund ,and aumacraft (which is my current boat) the lunds are great boats,so are crestliners,alumacrafts,and a few others,im sure you will be happy with your new lund,as far as best boat on the water...well that is an opinion? my alumacraft rides as well as the lunds,and i have been in several other models that ride just as good,as far as the warranty on lunds ,it is one of the better ones out there..BUT  to say lifetime is a slight overstatement (read fine print) im not slamming lunds,as i said they are great boats.without a doubt one of the top 3 in anybody's book  ,but i do get a kick out of guys who make it sound like there is nothing out there that compares ,take any lund,alumacarft,or crestliner in equal size and style ,put blindfold on and head out in choppy water...you will be guessing at which one your in ;D   if you believe everything you read then  http://www.warnersdock.com/Alumacraft.htm   i had to throw that in for fun,like i said gert9888  you will not regret buying a lund,

Sluggo / NY

« Reply #14 on: Mar 19, 2010, 10:39 AM »
I know it's all just opinions.. here's mine. Been running a Honda powered Lund 1800 Fisherman for 12 years. May repower this year (with another Honda) just because of age and hours, but will keep the same boat. We fished a tourney on Lake Erie a few years back along side a buddy in his new 19' Deep-V "other brand" aluminum boat. The wind and waves kicked up and we ended up having to make a long, fast run to make the weigh in. Aside from sore butts.. we had no problems. My buddy's new boat was missing a section of his windshield and the door to his rod locker was laying on the floor with broken hinges. Not saying there aren't other good boats out there.. and you do pay more for a Lund.. but I really believe "you get what you pay for". Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.