FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lund boats  (Read 10191 times)

esox v

Re: Lund boats
« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 2010, 11:41 AM »
I know it's all just opinions.. here's mine. Been running a Honda powered Lund 1800 Fisherman for 12 years. May repower this year (with another Honda) just because of age and hours, but will keep the same boat. We fished a tourney on Lake Erie a few years back along side a buddy in his new 19' Deep-V "other brand" aluminum boat. The wind and waves kicked up and we ended up having to make a long, fast run to make the weigh in. Aside from sore butts.. we had no problems. My buddy's new boat was missing a section of his windshield and the door to his rod locker was laying on the floor with broken hinges. Not saying there aren't other good boats out there.. and you do pay more for a Lund.. but I really believe "you get what you pay for". Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2010, 11:54 AM »
With all do respect... i think that lunds are a great boat. Making long fasts runs in very rough water by a person that's not used to or doesn't know how to can destroy a boat. Any Boat
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Gamma Fish

« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2010, 12:10 PM »
I,d listen to what Gamma has to say, the guy is a pro in fishing equip. Been around a while too 8)
Gee.....I'm flattered !! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

I just love my 2025 pro-v IFS/le ,tournament I have a verado ,and a pro kicker , they[lund] do cost more but the resale value is outstanding ,and the ride is sweet and waranty is unmatched , [gert] I don't know if you fish for eyes if you do a back troller is a handy tool with a set of wave wackers, and ram rod holders are a nice touch if that model has the track system you can put them anywhere in the boat in seconds ,a marine radio is a must in my book, options are unlimited , and [old] gamma fish has been around a long time ,but remember guys any boat is better than no boat at all, took me many years to get to this point and god I'm enjoying every min. in mine, safe and happy whippen boys and girls ,tite lines
Who you calling old ??   ;D ;D     Save me a seat in your boat and we'll discuss this !! ;) ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

wellsley

« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2010, 02:25 PM »
Lund is a good boat and the warranty is one of the best in the business. I bought a new crestliner last year and the warranty is the same as the lund for the origanal owner. For a lund rebel in the same size as the crestiner, Yankee boats wanted almost $ 80000.00 more than the crestliner with the same equipment, options and motor. By the way Lund, Crestliner, princecraft, Lowe to name a few are all owned by the same company.
 http://www.brunswick.com/brands/marine-boats/index.php
The crestliner has more storage and holds more fuel. Both companies advertise the boats for less than $ 13000.00 but look out when you start adding options. Thats what killed the deal with Lund. I don't know if crestliner offered there dealers incentives for options and they passed them on to the customer and Lund didn't. But the options on the Lund were list price, and it had less options standard.
LIFE MEMBER OF NORTH AMERICA FISHING CLUB

perch-hound

« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2010, 03:37 PM »
I love my Lund Alaskan 16' with a 50hp, 4-stk Yammi, smooth as silk, tiller to boot!  Lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it!! :laugh:

filetandrelease

« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2010, 05:43 PM »
Lund is a good boat and the warranty is one of the best in the business. I bought a new crestliner last year and the warranty is the same as the lund for the origanal owner. For a lund rebel in the same size as the crestiner, Yankee boats wanted almost $ 80000.00 more than the crestliner with the same equipment, options and motor. By the way Lund, Crestliner, princecraft, Lowe to name a few are all owned by the same company.
 http://www.brunswick.com/brands/marine-boats/index.php
The crestliner has more storage and holds more fuel. Both companies advertise the boats for less than $ 13000.00 but look out when you start adding options. Thats what killed the deal with Lund. I don't know if crestliner offered there dealers incentives for options and they passed them on to the customer and Lund didn't. But the options on the Lund were list price, and it had less options standard.
maybe owned but not built in the same place

FingerLakesBen

« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2010, 06:11 PM »
I just took my brand new Explorer 1725 SS out this afternoon for the first time.  I absolutely love it.  You hear about how they ride, but I didn't expect it to ride as nice as it did!  Sure puts my old mirrocraft to shame!

the eyes have it...

« Reply #22 on: Mar 19, 2010, 07:04 PM »
real nice one on the rochester craigslist for a 2004 1900 pro v for like 16000.00

gert9888

« Reply #23 on: Mar 19, 2010, 07:38 PM »
thanks to all of you who replied and i hope to find out very soon what the ride is like!! thanks again for all the info and im sure that im getting a heck of a deal so hopefully it all works out!!
You can read the fishing report or be in it! Get out and fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.