FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fulton Locks---NO  (Read 9882 times)

Gamma Fish

Re: Fulton Locks---NO
« Reply #30 on: Apr 02, 2011, 08:58 PM »

i gotta see this throwdown , im convinced on the plastics after seein gamma smoke em directly after i said i couldnt buy a bite on plastics today . im a life long bait fisher and its tough to convince me anything outfishes bait , im turning fast tho .  ;D
You should have been there today !    Lots of  :o :o :o and then  ??? ??? ??? and then  :( :( :( and then  :-X :-X :-X  from the "The big ones will only hit minnows" crowd !  ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

bcons

« Reply #31 on: Apr 02, 2011, 09:53 PM »
tight lines boys!... except bcons cause hes a prick ::)

It's Ok cheif I can take it, bring it on! So far ya started this little deal with "Bacon" , I haven't heard much since, is that all ya got?
Hmmm lemme help ya a bit.
"d**n what's up with your head? were you born with it or did you hatch from a Hammerhead spawn sack?"
"Is that a baseball hat you're wearing or a car cover for a VW beetle with a brim?"
"Nah I know you're not fat, that's body by budwiser, they built it for a location for their next brewery"
"Have you noticed what your hat has in common with the fat lady at the beach?  Both have hair sticking out the bottom looking like it's gonna fly away screaming please save me"
There's a start, got anything better than bacon?  :P :P :P
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

JBoggey1

• Who would want to read the New York Times?
« Reply #32 on: Apr 03, 2011, 07:10 AM »
Come on Gamma ,Give us some numbers. HT has that block of lead I promised. I expect nothing in return except a few lures, a few wormy's, your first born male child etc. etc.

JBoggey1

« Reply #33 on: Apr 03, 2011, 07:28 AM »
Fished this evening...idk why though. Mornings are always way better to me down there at the lock for perch...landed a half dozen in about a half hour...Witnessed a guy catch a BIG pickeral. The thing was probably 24-25'' long and FAT. He insisted that it was a northern but it most definitely wasnt. Never seen one get caught in that section of the river. Talked to my buddy that lives on the river and he said he sees them floating one in a blue moon but its really rare...Well hopefully I will be able to get out one of these mornings and fish the lock. Been tryin to get my boat ready to roll. Tight lines boys!... except bcons cause hes a prick ::)
Chief, I don't know if you are talking about B'ville Fulton or Phoenix locks, but between Perch eye and I we have brought to shore 4 northerns and three pickeral this last week alone at Phoenix. Yesterday after you guys left , the Syracuse guys fishing next to us caught one pike and one pickeral and I brought in a 30" Northern. As a kid I useed to catch pike and pickeral almost daily at Phoenix. I don't know about B'ville as I have only fished there two times. Fulton is another story. We used to kill the walleye's at the end of the wall casting a yellow lead headed jig. Lots of sunkin wire cables there and be ready to give up some lures if you bounce off the bottom. At a givin time have also caught pails full of perch in the past at same site, at this time have not found that magic in the last two years in Fulton Locks. Nice to finally talk with you. Didn't know who you were when I talked to you at Fulton locks last week. Sure we will get together again soon.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #34 on: Apr 03, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Come on Gamma ,Give us some numbers. HT has that block of lead I promised. I expect nothing in return except a few lures, a few wormy's, your first born male child etc. etc.
I only kept 18 yesterday but they were all hogs !   Gave away at least 25 9 to 10 inchers to a guy and his kid who were battling the wind and reel problems.
  Started catching golden shiners late in the afternoon as well.   Could be good and bad !   Good because the crappies will chase them in but the bad is that the pike will also be drawn in plus the shiners are a pain in the arse because they so aggressive  :-\   Time will tell on that !

I gotta meet up with Zippy !   Still have his cooler here.   Maybe some afternoon this week !
  So you like those "Wormi's ??     Pretty amazing little bait ain't it ?  ;)
I'll have a fresh stock next week that you can choose from ! ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #35 on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:09 AM »

ya , he likes theose wormys cuz he saw me spank the perch on the pond with em !! hurry up and get more im runnin out  :'(

JBoggey1

« Reply #36 on: Apr 03, 2011, 01:40 PM »
Yeh, I like em. My bud Lance gave me a couple. I learned they are degradable via fish bite. Need more.

bcons

« Reply #37 on: Apr 03, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Yeh, I like em. My bud Lance gave me a couple. I learned they are degradable via fish bite. Need more.

Yes Maki do seem to be a bit more fragile than alot of other plastics, I posted on the Shanty the same thing, although the "softer" plastic seems to give more action on the apendages, then you get from some other baits.  Don't know if it's a different compound or just less hardener in the plastisol.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

JBoggey1

« Reply #38 on: Apr 03, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Nice informative post bcon. That's what I was looking for, a little more comity ( friendly civility).

KingPerch

« Reply #39 on: Apr 03, 2011, 02:22 PM »
plastics work  at the right  time  ...so  does  everything else ...trouble with mackies  is simply  the price  hard to  fish  something  when i  can do just as well with a  dot and a spike  ...gamma  yer a good talker  but talking  don't fill a freezer ...kp  was  doing  great  with  minnows ....  i was  jigging  and  he  was smokin  em!!!!!  i only can report this  becaus  i was up  before noon ,not hung over ,and actually went fishing and not just  living  in years  gone  by   ;D......oh  3  tiny  mackies  2.99  12  tube  jigs  .99  cents  .....just the  solid  facts ....and  gamma  you  fish  the   plastic  i'll  fish  hair  jigs  and  dots  and  smoke  ya  .....get  a  100  bucks  up  and  i'll give  ya  a  fishing  lession  :rotflol: :rotflol:
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :w00t: :w00t: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #40 on: Apr 03, 2011, 02:27 PM »

i gotta see this throwdown , im convinced on the plastics after seein gamma smoke em directly after i said i couldnt buy a bite on plastics today . im a life long bait fisher and its tough to convince me anything outfishes bait , im turning fast tho .  ;D
Your only saying this because GAMMA gave you some for free!!! :w00t:--KP :P

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #41 on: Apr 03, 2011, 02:33 PM »
a little birdie just told me there are no fish left in the locks  :whistling: :afro: :whistling:
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #42 on: Apr 03, 2011, 02:35 PM »
You catch them all on plastics??? ;D--KP 8)

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #43 on: Apr 03, 2011, 02:38 PM »
You catch them all on plastics??? ;D--KP 8)
i dont use plastic's or fathead's  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #44 on: Apr 03, 2011, 02:40 PM »
i dont use plastic's or fathead's  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
oh, so, you did catch all the fish there?? CORN?? ;D--KP

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.