FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Perch Tips  (Read 10035 times)

Gamma Fish

Re: Perch Tips
« Reply #60 on: Aug 21, 2011, 05:06 PM »
I just fished about 6 hours a day for 6 days with NanoFil. Love the stuff!
Used the 8#(only because the store didnt have 6), tied on a number 10 spro swivel, and fished a 2ft piece of 8# p-line florocarbon. Never had to retie the swivel to the Nano... and I may have caught a few fish. ::)
Also had it on another reel tied direct to a pop-R all week. The stuff shines for topwater as it floats. After pausing the bait I never had to worry about it pulling the bait under when I started working it again. It also cut the weeds nice when a fish headed for them...
It is slick so just be carefull with your knots. Only had one incident with a loop down in the reel starting to form one of those spinning reel messes. Just pulled the line off by hand and she came right out...

Real similar to Fireline, just a bit smoother and thinner. The stuff shedds water also, which should be nice for on the ice...
Yeah but Golden Stren and Trilene Solar are better.... ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Trakndwg

Re: Perch Tips
« Reply #61 on: Aug 21, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Yeah, I spooled some up this morning and am impressed with it.  Long casting and sensitive.  Like Fireline when it's broken in.  Remains to be seen if it will saw weeds off or resist abrasions but it's looking good so far.  Gonna spool some up on the long rod next.
Your gonna love it. I know mine has been in a lot of contact with zebra mussels and weed. I have not had a bit of problem, nick or abrasion. I'm thinking this is gonna be great for ice fishing too. The Fish Whisperer loved it yesterday. He used my set up for an hour and put his seal of approval on it. ;D
"All fishermen are liars. If they tell you they are not liars they are lying to you." --Paul Herbert (Tuna.com)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.