FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mohawk River, Scotia section  (Read 9821 times)

Snitchols

Mohawk River, Scotia section
« on: Oct 16, 2013, 03:56 PM »
Has anybody hit the Scotia section lately?  If so, how's it been fishing?  Any tips?  I've never fished the river in this section.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
Re: Mohawk River, Scotia section
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2013, 03:55 PM »
this is a BIG section of the river from about lock 6 to lock 9 more or less and it is REAL GREAT fishing[I know more about the
the locks sect] fish it like a lake, if the fish is in new York it is in this section[not all but most]I think you need a boat for the
best fishing but that is me, I love boat fishing
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT 
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2013, 07:08 PM »
Has anybody hit the Scotia section lately?  If so, how's it been fishing?  Any tips?  I've never fished the river in this section.

The freemans bridge launch is down the road from my house. I spent alot of time on this pool (7-8) with my Skeeter. It is good fishing, everywhere but just like every body of water, there are key area's that hold more, and bigger fish. When are you planning on going out there? I haven't been out there since I sold my skeeter.

Snitchols

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2013, 10:29 AM »
Smokin' hoping to get out, if i can find the time, sometime in the next couple of weekends.  Won't be long and I'll have to get the boat winterized and stored.

Snitchols

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2013, 10:30 AM »
this is a BIG section of the river from about lock 6 to lock 9 more or less and it is REAL GREAT fishing[I know more about the
the locks sect] fish it like a lake, if the fish is in new York it is in this section[not all but most]I think you need a boat for the
best fishing but that is me, I love boat fishing
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT 

Definitely be in a boat.

p.schroeder

« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2013, 07:25 AM »
Fished the shore fishing site at the Vischer-Ferry hydro plant yesterday afternoon from about noon until 17:00.  We ended up with 2 walleyes 15.5 and 16.75, and one fat smallie 18.5.  Fishing was a little slow from shore, but there were a couple guys out in boats the were really nailing the eyes, looked like a couple nicer ones too (guessing 20"+).  Caught all fish on slip sinker bottom rigs baited with medium shiners, missed one on a jig.  Looked like the guys in the boat were tossing jigs.  Saw encon on my way out, had our fish and licenses checked.  He told me that the water is high right now and to try again when it drops.  Will defineitly be back the next couple of weekends.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.