FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Brookies!  (Read 11417 times)

Cider

Re: Brookies!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2004, 03:08 PM »
ahhhh, i getcha now.  knew the daily limit was 5 fish or 5lbs but didnt know about a possesion limit.   cant wait for opening day of trout season here in NH!!!!  last saturday in april cant come quick enough!!!

That is one of those obscure rules that the state can't see fit to actually put into writing.  I learned about it a few years ago on one of my annual trips.  We were at the launch watching the stock truck unload it's precious cargo and there was a CO there.  So I cornered him and asked him about the numbers of fish you can keep/possess on a multi-day fishing trip.  That was when I found out about the possession law.

You want to be careful to strictly follow this too.  Not that I am suggesting that you or anyone else blatantly breaks the law.  However, this same warden told me that they had some tips from reliable sources one year that a resident was shooting more ducks than his possession limit.  They did a search on his house and freezer and found over 200 ducks.  The CO said the guy couldn't afford the fines so they confiscated his house, his truck, and all hunting paraphernalia they found.

So, this brings me to another type of limit.  There are such things as season limits on certain game.  In NH, pheasants are a good example.  You are allowed two for a daily limit, which would translate to four for a possession limit, and ten for a season limit.  Don't get caught with ten in your freezer!  You can harvest up to ten as long as you consume them as you get them.  You can only "stockpile" four.  I don't what species (if any) of fish this may pertain to.  Just check the digest to see if there are season limits.

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2004, 08:56 PM »
Here are a few from a few years back.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

reubenpa

« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2004, 07:51 PM »

My biggest brookie.  12.5 inches that I got in a TINY stream in PA last summer
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.