FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big lake  (Read 4109 times)

Spooled85

Big lake
« on: Jun 10, 2020, 09:12 AM »
Anyone Ben after any perch recently ? Plan on going Saturday morning . Of course south winds all week and Friday they are calling for 15 mph north east winds ! Hope it lays down for the morning I would think there should be some in the 30's by now

abishop

Re: Big lake
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2020, 11:28 AM »
GOOD LUCK, LAND SOME GOLD. LET US KNOWIF THERE IS ANYTHING CLOSE.

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2020, 01:49 PM »
Hope to see some boats out today or tomorrow. I am working by U.S.S. landfill, and dont see much action because these are not perch grounds.  It would be nice to see some boats out there traveling either west or east. Maybe tonight. Will post if I see any.

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2020, 02:03 PM »
If there is anyone on the lake other then a barge they are crazy ! 30 mph nw winds and beach hazard statements . And supposed to be like this tomorrow as well as tomorrow night with 15 mph north winds Saturday . Can kiss any shallow perch good bye for awhile

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2020, 08:40 PM »
Relax, relax, relax. Big lake perch will be in portage here soon. Another week or 2. Always a hot bite near and on 4th of july.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

Spooled85

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2020, 06:59 AM »
I don't mess with portage , my home for perch is new buffalo and Michigan City. I've got alot of clay humps and holes marked on my graph that produce pigs every year out of them. Anxious to go but every time I get ready to go ... Bam ! North blow I have fished that area for over 20 years and run on a charter boat both big fish and perch for a number of years. And that north wind really sets things back . Calling for 7 footers into tomorrow evening now

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2020, 03:36 PM »
Heard that the perch are starting to appear. Has anyone been getting any. I see the lake every day and it is making me drool. Cant wait, maybe this Saturday.

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2020, 07:55 PM »
Anyone going in the morning?

indianahooker

« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2020, 07:56 PM »
somebody please tell him the bite is on fire so he can go try it. :laugh:

abishop

« Reply #9 on: Jun 21, 2020, 07:07 AM »
somebody please tell him the bite is on fire so he can go try it. :laugh:
I did go and hooked up with a good mess of gills. I do need to start putting some perch in the freezer, (just as soon as I hear that they are on fire lol).

Spooled85

« Reply #10 on: Jun 21, 2020, 10:30 AM »
I'll tell u now it has not started , 5 hours two perch and only about 8 inches !

abishop

« Reply #11 on: Jun 21, 2020, 11:43 AM »
I'll tell u now it has not started , 5 hours two perch and only about 8 inches !
Yeah, I kind of knew it wasn't to be quite yet. Hoping this north blow that is suppose to happen a bit later this week won't be all that and the south winds blow again, and stay around for a week. I am guessing another week or two till they move in close . I am one to wait cause I don't want to spend 20 dollars on shiners and 10 more on ramp fees only to find out that I might get a couple fish. This is some expensive fish. It is all good to spend around 50 bucks to put a few good limits in the boat. Guess I just need to wait. Time will come. Just hope it is a repeat of last year. SWEET...

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2020, 06:48 AM »
lots of other people lookin for info besides bishop.  1300some views and only 11 replies on this thread.  when the reports start, make sure to add detailed directions to where your spot is. lol

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Spooled85

« Reply #13 on: Jun 22, 2020, 07:23 AM »
And that is about exactly it taxid ! And rite in the mouth !

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Jun 22, 2020, 04:37 PM »
And that is about exactly it taxid ! And rite in the mouth !

:rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.