FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Finally got the wife out been decades since she fished  (Read 1098 times)

charlys1954

Last yr bought my wife the senior for life license and finally got her to go. Been 20+ yrs since she's fished, I think it was Chippewa Flowage for vacation. She didn't catch allot or anything big but had a blast when I got her to try bass fishing. I made a base to put a 6x5ft patio umbrella in the boat for shade, helps on those 85-90° days.

I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

wallydiven

• n.w. indiana
Re: Finally got the wife out been decads since she fished.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2020, 07:50 AM »
Glad she enjoyed it.

charlys1954

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2020, 10:21 PM »
We both have one in the photo with her holding the bass you can see 2 of the 4 bases I put in so I can adjust for sun position. One on each side of her and my seat. I have PVC pipe with clamps screwed into the aluminum seat. Works ok but the umbrella turns with the wind, thumb screw help but they still turn. My 2 are 6.5 x 5.5 so wind will turn them especially when they're tilted. If round it wouldn't make a different. I got them at Walmart $28 each.

charlys1954

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2020, 12:54 AM »
I had thought of pins but I drift fish allot the sun moves constantly so adjustments would be slight. Since both umbrellas are rectangular and not round to get them set right where they need to be I would need about a dozen holes in the umbrella tube which may weaken it and snap with a hard wind.
The thumb screws work ok but since its PVC it bulges out when tightened and it still can turn. The PVC was a fast put together thing I am replacing with in black pipe, drill and tap with threads for thumbs screws. That should make it more solid since the pipe walls won't bulge out like the PVC does.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.