FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Another good perch day...  (Read 1437 times)

LundProv

Another good perch day...
« on: Jul 02, 2020, 10:09 PM »
Hit the big lake this AM to use up my minnows from Monday...  Got on the water at about 6 and there was a good pack of boats just west of the mouth of the ditch.  I decided to try the area in front of the pump house just west of Ogden Dunes, as there were three boats fairly close to each other.  Started shallow in about 16' of water and headed the i pilot north at .5 mph as I dragged the bottom with a perch rig and casted another perch rig out to slowly retrieve.  Did not have a lot of minnows but only needed 15 perch as I was on my own this morning.  I brought a small zip lock of 3 shrimp that I swiped from our Christmas hourderve table and froze - just for a day like this.  So, I was out of minnows at 11 perch and had to use small pieces of shrimp.  I really did not have that much confidence in the shrimp but it worked.  The fish, on this day, seemed to be bunched in 22'-24' of water and were all sizes.  I probably threw back 10 small guys.  Was off the water by 9 as it was starting to heat up out there...  I think today was a very good perch day...

abishop

Re: Another good perch day...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2020, 02:21 AM »
Thanks 4 the report. That is about where I was planning on starting this morning. Think I will start in 10-12 fow and head out deeper. Hope to be off before it heats up as well.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2020, 08:59 AM »
Good show Lund! Great when a good plan comes together!
Teacg
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2020, 03:57 PM »
Started out by getting a few nice fish 12 and 13's in 13 fow. Picked up a few smaller fish, then nothing for a couple hours. Million boats everywhere and I didnt see many fish caught. Finally found some biting fish in 18 fow. Ended out the day with 21 nice fish. Marked plenty but they wouldn't bite. Moved from 12 to 24 fow. 13 and 18 was where the action was 4 me. It got HOT. GOING AGAIN IN THE MORNING. I AM A GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT. Did any body get there limit today?

RoeBoat

« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2020, 10:52 PM »
Some buddies were up with a group of 4 boats.  I know 1 had a limit and the others had good messes of fish

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2020, 10:37 AM »
Was out yesterday. It was a tougher bite with smaller fish in general. Most came from 14 fow just outside the mouth. Nothing big today but we did manage 2 limits of eaters. Went west by the water pump house by Ogden Dunes. A BUST, decided to go back 2 where we were getting them yesterday. Didn't mark many fish at all. Was about to quit with about a dozen and saw a group of boats just outside the ditch. Glad we stopped to check it out. Filled our bag there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.