FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trail creek  (Read 3169 times)

fishinator

Trail creek
« on: Sep 19, 2020, 11:04 AM »
  A friend and I went trolling around the dnr area last weekend. We didn't go out into the lake because neither of us have a big enough boat.
  Neither of us have a clue what we are doing up there. Thinking about going back tomorrow to try again.
  Is this even a good time of year for fish to be in that area?? There weren't many people out last weekend so I'm guessing maybe not?
  Did manage to catch a cat and bass though.  Pm's welcome!

Spencerville

Re: Trail creek
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2020, 09:36 PM »
I'm not sure but the bait shops are always more than happy to give some inside...good luck.

MC_angler

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2020, 06:21 AM »
There are some coho, and a couple stray kings moving through. There's always a few walleye and bass around but they can be hard to target at times. Plus freshwater drum and catfish.

Fall salmon fishing has been poor for 7 or 8 years so that's why there aren't many people around fishing. Plus the pier at washington park has been closed on and off all summer so that discouraged a lot of shore anglers

The creek temp is colder than the harbor/lake, so any trout and salmon going up Trail Creek are going to shoot straight upstream rather than milling around the harbor

MC_angler

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2020, 07:29 AM »
funny how some still try and say the salmon fishing is great. lol  and some people believe it too.  had friends ask me to go last two years because they heard it was on fire.  they still went after I showed them the numbers on line.  some people just wont listen.  they had 1 fish on between 5 guys in 2 days.  size should be better but numbers are 1 20th what they were.

scroll down to the chart here for the sad facts---->https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79136_79236_80247-51534--,00.html

I think a lot of people miss the nuance. Salmon fishing has been absolutely incredible in Indiana the past several years.... from March til May

Fall run is poor but the spring is better than it's been in a long time.  I think some people hear "the salmon are great this year!" and don't think any further than that when planning to come fish in the fall

fishinator

« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2020, 06:38 PM »
Headed up in the morning to give it a shot again.  Will let you guys know if I do any good.

fishinator

« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2020, 07:44 AM »
Spent all day up there yesterday. Very slow but I  did catch my first salmon and my first trout. Still trying to figure out what I'm doing there but I'm learning a little every time.

fishinator

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2020, 06:03 PM »

Caught my first steelhead today. 9lbs even. First thing in the morning then nothing the rest of the day.

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2020, 07:24 AM »
Nice!  Steelhead are a blast to catch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.