FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: any ideas for boats????  (Read 6856 times)

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
any ideas for boats????
« on: May 09, 2006, 08:37 AM »
im looking to buy a boat. anyone have any suggestions on what to get thats nothing to special just something that will keep me afloat and will get the job done. any info on any brands would be appreciated thanx ~jayswimmer09

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Re: any ideas for boats????
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 09:42 AM »
I really enjoy fishing from a pontoon boat.   Check the following link.
http://creekcompany.com/multidisplay.php?Department=Pontoon+Boats

I own and love the 1018.  One of the smaller models may interest you.
Tight lines.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

devil-man

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 09:45 AM »
You can also find used aluminum boats in the 12-14' range that are very reasonable.
Oars and/or a small trolling motor will get you into a lot of places to fish.

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 01:58 PM »
thanx guys

davidl

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 02:14 PM »
If space or trailoring is an issue you can go with a really cheap inflatable (and trick it out) or a more expensive, durable portabote.

fishin4em2

« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2006, 05:20 PM »
im looking to buy a boat. anyone have any suggestions on what to get thats nothing to special just something that will keep me afloat and will get the job done. any info on any brands would be appreciated thanx ~jayswimmer09
My 1st boat - a used 12' v-bottom w/trailer $650. $250 for a new trolling motor and battery. $300 for a used 6hp Evenrude. fish finder $100. I've had some Great times with it! Even tho i have a bigger boat now, i still use this one to fish the rivers and small lakes and ponds with. My best investment! by far...
Keep in mind that in PA, boats smaller than 16', you have to wear life jackets at all times.
Good Luck
We're all just Fish'n for em too!   τΏτ╗

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2006, 12:14 PM »
I have owned 3 smaller aluminum boats.  They were Smokercraft, Mirrocraft, and Prince Craft.  They were all great boats.   In my opinion, the Smokercraft was the best.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2006, 11:19 PM »
The classic 14 foot aluminum rowboat with a small outboard can take you on some fantastic adventures.

I know mine did!

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 03, 2006, 03:36 PM »
thanx guys. but my dad and me ended up putting some money together and getting a alumacraft thanx 4 all the input!!!

PolarEscape

« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2007, 02:04 PM »
I have a 14' Star craft aluminum boat with 9.9 chrysler  and it flies through the water, I have no problem getting around in any water, well I guess that is not totally true I would not take it on the great lakes but smaller lakes it is perfect for.

panfishpounder

« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2007, 04:22 AM »
fishin4em2,  Keep in mind that in PA, boats smaller than 16', you have to wear life jackets at all times.

When did they change this in PA?  The only thing I could find about this is all boats in the PITTSBURGH district on ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEER LAKES.  I also found they are in the process of trying to get it passed that everyone in a 16 foot boat or smaller, or a kayak must wear a PFD between OCT 1 and MAY 31.  I could not find a final ruling on this though.  I personally do not like PFDs but I believe this to be a good idea.  I guess I will have to shell out the 100 bucks for the suspenders. 
This is your life, are you who you wanna be???

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2007, 02:49 PM »
i do not believe this was ever passed. Only on spacific lakes and if you are 12 or younger i believe. if it does pass i will not wear a lifevest i will spend the money and buy a inflatable

fishin4em2

« Reply #12 on: Mar 30, 2007, 05:01 AM »
Sorry, I wasn't thinking when i said ( PFD's on all when in boats less then 16'). My son and I were fishing Kinzua  in a 12' boat and got stopped by the boat commission. we were told about the  regulation then.  Kinzua (Allegheny Reservoir) is a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers water shed.
My mistake
We're all just Fish'n for em too!   τΏτ╗

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 30, 2007, 06:06 AM »
no problem. thanx for clearing that up i was getting worried i would have to spend a extra 70 bucks then neccessary

Skeeder II

• Empty Hook
« Reply #14 on: Mar 30, 2007, 07:43 PM »
thanx guys. but my dad and me ended up putting some money together and getting a alumacraft thanx 4 all the input!!!
I had a 12' deep V Alumacraft wish I would have never sold it.  I just out grew it.  Good fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.