FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BassJunky adding to my arsenal..2011  (Read 24683 times)

TheDL

Re: BassJunky adding to my arsenal..2011
« Reply #15 on: Apr 05, 2011, 03:20 PM »
BassJunky - how's the shipping/taxes/duty with tackle warehouse or landbigfish?

I have been adding things to my bass pro shops online cart for a few days now - and long story short, thier crappy policies regarding Canadian customers has left a very sour taste in my mouth - after my first trip to the store I loved BPS, after my first attempt at online order I'll never buy from them again  :cursing:
tight lines....

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #16 on: Apr 05, 2011, 04:15 PM »
Both Tacklewarehouse and LandBig fish are great, both will ship USPS if requested and you will never get the nasty UPS Brokerage fee. My last order from Tacklewarhouse I did get a $14 customs fee, but that was on a order of $150 wich is not bad. If it was UPS I would have paid $80

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 05, 2011, 06:22 PM »
I was looking at Land Big Fish's tackle store order form and I don't see a spot where you can pick what shipping you want.

How do you get Land Big Fish or Tacklewarehouse to ship USPS rather than UPS? Do you just ask them to ship the package that way? ???

WW

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #18 on: Apr 05, 2011, 06:38 PM »
You can ask them to ship a certain way, but Land big fish has always sent my orders USPS. As for Tacklewarehouse they ship USPS for most orders, if you get up over $150 they ship UPS because they require a signature. But for the most part 90% of the time both of them ship USPS

Water Wolf

« Reply #19 on: Apr 05, 2011, 11:21 PM »
Cool, thanks for the info bassjunky. :)

WW

TheDL

« Reply #20 on: Apr 06, 2011, 09:05 AM »
bassjunky - thanks for the tip - I'll give 'em a try
tight lines....

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 02:34 PM »
looks like I fell behind on my product pics

Check out the weirdest frog I have ever come across..lol... this is my 4th new frog of the season, this one look a bit different then the others

I also picked up a KVD square bill, there is a lot of hype around this bait, looking forward to using it

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 03:29 PM »
I have been loading up on Black Angel jigs, check out the family of jigs..

The Grass bomb, yes this is as big as it looks

Hitman Football Jig

Finesse Jig

Texas Finesse (stronger)

Swim Jig

These two are not Black Angel Jigs, they are buckeye mop jigs, after reading an article in FLW mag I bought up a bunch

Santo180

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 03:30 PM »
Your screen name kinda says it all huh?

perchgypsy

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Your screen name kinda says it all huh?
i was thinki the same thing ....i just never understood why the hooks got to be so big ...nice
collection anyhow

Water Wolf

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 04:24 PM »
I purchased both versions of the Live target from this off season, they even surpass the quality of a Spro frog.

the one frog I bought this season that is different is the river2sea from, it is a diver with kicking feet, looks cool, but also could be a gimmick

BassJunky,
Have you had a chance to try both the Live target frogs and the River 2 Sea Dahlberg Diver Frog yet?
If so, have they worked for you yet? ???

Hope to get all 3 frogs some time.
I think they would be killer on the pike and bass around here, maybe even the walleye. ;)

I wonder if trout would like them? :-\
I know the trout around here eat frogs from time to time.

WW

TheDL

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 09:37 AM »
Any of you gear heads know where I can buy replacement blades/clevis' for worm harnesses?  I bought this:
http://www.basspro.com/Northland-Fishing-Tackle-Live-Bait-Walleye-Spinner-Kit/product/78236/-1241774 And did really well with the yellows/perch colours, but I've lost all the good colours of blades already and I want to tie up some more.  I DO NOT want to order from basspro again, I was hoping somebody's seen kits/parts around somewhere?
tight lines....

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #27 on: Jun 07, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Bad experience with Bass Pro? I place a couple large orders with them each year and never have issues.. mind sharing?

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #28 on: Jun 07, 2011, 03:17 PM »
New toy..

I find decided it was time to keep the face warm and dry, and my teeth bug free..

TheDL

« Reply #29 on: Jun 08, 2011, 10:10 AM »
Bad experience with Bass Pro? I place a couple large orders with them each year and never have issues.. mind sharing?
honestly, the character limit on this post will not allow a full explanation, but what it boils down to is one item on a large order was "out of stock" even though their website said "in stock" and throughout the entire ordeal (6 weeks) the status of this item never listed as "low" or "out of stock".  I placed an order for a large trolling rod, reel and a whole bunch of tackle.  The rod was approx 9ft, and caused the shipping to change to air mail, with soem extra fees, etc.  I ended up with about 1/3 of my bill being shipping charges, which was dissappointing but I couldn't find that rod anywhere else, so I went with it.  I waited, and waited, no sign of "shipping confirmation" through website, kept contacting chat support, each time I was told "it's on its way" and each time I talked to them I was told my total was something different.  Well, eventually I received an email saying that the rod was backordered, but the rest of items would ship, so after a few chats with support I waited so more.  I did select the option to "ship when available" if item gets backordered, so I was told the tackle/reel should be there soon, and the rod (which caused the shipping method/cost to skyrocket) would ship soon.  I waited some more and after several more wasted hours contacting support, I was told that the order was cancelled because they don't backorder international items?!  I was told so many variations of this from different people I didn't know what to think.  At one point I got someone quite helpfull on the phone who cancelled the whole order, re-did the order with "price over-ride (no charge)" and no backordered rod, and I actually.....
tight lines....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.