FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BassJunky adding to my arsenal..2011  (Read 24688 times)

TheDL

Re: BassJunky adding to my arsenal..2011
« Reply #30 on: Jun 08, 2011, 10:21 AM »
...(I told you it's a long story)...recieved the equipment in a few days (no rod).  I was happy to have the tackle, but I wasn't happy to have paid for express air shipping for large item, and not get the rod.  So, back to customer service a few more times - they told me they couldn't ship the rods b/c they were out of stock at the time of order (meanwhile you could still order them from website, no listing of "out of stock").  I eventually got one of the agents to agree to send me a similarly priced rod (cheaper, not nearly as nice) at "no extra cost" since I'd already paid for the 1st rod, and shipping for it.  Well, they sent out the rod and I got it in a few days.  Now comes the terrible part, the credit card bill :o.  I was charged for the original order (including rod I never got and high shipping for it - $70+), I was charged for the "price override" order that actually got me the gear (was supposed to be free since I'd paid for it already), and I was charged AGAIN for the rod that they actually sent (was supposed to be free since I'd paid for a more expensive rod + shipping that I didn't recieve).  I was really upset off, and wasted a lot more time aqrguing about it with them, and finally got a refund on the original order that never shipped.  At this point, I had only paid approximately what I agreed to, so I was "happy".  Then, recently I got a "post card" type of reciept from bass pro shops, no envelope, no item details, just a bill saying that they had charged my credit card X$?!?!  I reviewed all my correspondances with support and discovered that this amount matched the "price override" order amount, so I paid for that twice now!?  ARGH.  Took me about 6 weeks to get the gear, and I paid for it twice as of now - WORST ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE EVER!  :cursing:
tight lines....

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #31 on: Jun 08, 2011, 10:27 AM »
wow, that sucks.. I have had a back order with them before and was told the same thing.. sorry no international back orders.. would have been nice to have been advised prior to my order shipping without the item in question

SwedishPimple

« Reply #32 on: Jun 08, 2011, 10:44 AM »
Where do you buy those The Bed Bug plastics?

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #33 on: Jun 08, 2011, 10:53 AM »
Where do you buy those The Bed Bug plastics?

here is the link..

http://www.landbigfish.com/showcase.cfm?PID=7211

SwedishPimple

« Reply #34 on: Jun 09, 2011, 06:34 PM »
Have you had a chance to use the bed bug yet?  I initially liked what I saw in from your photos but had a different feeling from the video.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #35 on: Jun 09, 2011, 06:59 PM »
no not yet, bass season is still a few weeks away in my area, i will break in it quick, and see how it does.. what did you not like about it?

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #36 on: Jun 09, 2011, 08:29 PM »
New toy..

I find decided it was time to keep the face warm and dry, and my teeth bug free..

Wow, that might be what I need on the Lower Potomac down here!!!!!  I'd fear the fish might get scared away though, LOL.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #37 on: Jun 22, 2011, 07:33 AM »
Check out these awesome rod gloves that I just picked up. I need somthing cool to protect my new Dobyns rods and they had just the thing. Just in time for opening weekend

smitht7

« Reply #38 on: Jun 22, 2011, 06:24 PM »
Check out these awesome rod gloves that I just picked up. I need somthing cool to protect my new Dobyns rods and they had just the thing. Just in time for opening weekend

Junky indeed!  Now for the million dollar question.......Please please please do not think I am being cute because there is a high level of sincerity here. Can you really catch more bass with all those lures than I can with my 5 or 6 go to baits? Or does it just keep you in the game longer because you will never be without a lure you have not tried yet? I think probably the later.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #39 on: Jun 22, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Junky indeed!  Now for the million dollar question.......Please please please do not think I am being cute because there is a high level of sincerity here. Can you really catch more bass with all those lures than I can with my 5 or 6 go to baits? Or does it just keep you in the game longer because you will never be without a lure you have not tried yet? I think probably the later.

how do you find your 5-6 go to lures? you buy them and try them. Like you I have 5 or 6 lures that I use the most, but on some days I will hit the water with a collection of new stuff just to see what else is out there, i love trying new baits/lures, are they always successfull.. nope.. but I have fun doing it

smitht7

« Reply #40 on: Jun 22, 2011, 10:08 PM »
how do you find your 5-6 go to lures? you buy them and try them. Like you I have 5 or 6 lures that I use the most, but on some days I will hit the water with a collection of new stuff just to see what else is out there, i love trying new baits/lures, are they always successfull.. nope.. but I have fun doing it
    I totally agree. Trial and error has gotten me a rather small tackle box 8) I guess a better question might have been do the newer high dollar lures "$12 a piece" outshine some of the old standby's and if so how often? We are not so different my guilty pleasure is hunting equipment. I can give a informed opinion on way too many of the hunting gizmo's out there and my wife will be all too glad to testify to that ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.