FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Evening on the SSR  (Read 6002 times)

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
Re: Evening on the SSR
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 11:23 AM »
yes and that river originates in bc and the fish go down the river, also largest are caught on canada side but lots die from polution in the souther reason start glowing or who knows...

Don't really know what all your jabs at or Southern friends are about, but if you read up on the sturgeon in BC, were don't fair any better.

http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/wld/documents/sturgeon.pdf

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

Pigshanks

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 03:38 PM »
Here is a bit more info that both countries are working together to fix a problem.

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=16736.new#new

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

Mooter

• Tight lines and Throbbing Rods
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Here is a bit more info that both countries are working together to fix a problem.

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=16736.new#new

FAIRLY OLD ARTICLE EH
LOOKS LIKE THIS THING IS ALREADY BUILT

I'm a success oriented fishermen.

Slimechaser

• A sconni lawn ornament.
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 04:13 PM »

Great stuff 'shanks, thanks for sharing!  Beautiful valley there bud, but couldn't help but notice all the junk (trash) on the river bank, very sad. (not to be thrown in with the rest of my comments)

Wassup w/ the American bashing fanatic? What'd we do to you?

Because in my neck of the woods, it's the canadian side that's poluting and making the fish glow. Sarnia, Ont. known around here as "chemical valley". directly affects all the great lakes from lower lake Huron, all the way to the ocean. That reef article that shanks posted is down stream of it. And yes, we do get 1,000 lb sturgeon from these waters, but they are exceptionaly rare. Partly because of the above mentioned polution factor.
Rockbass - not just another pretty fish!
Got nymph?         I do!

Pigshanks

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 04:31 PM »
Great stuff 'shanks, thanks for sharing!  Beautiful valley there bud, but couldn't help but notice all the junk (trash) on the river bank, very sad. (not to be thrown in with the rest of my comments)

I usually carry a Safeway shopping bag with me and pick up the garbage laying around. It's sad to say, but it is the fishermen in the area that are making the mess. Most of the crap is fishing related. Wrappers, bait containers, etc.

Slimechaser

• A sconni lawn ornament.
« Reply #20 on: Jun 01, 2007, 11:03 AM »
I usually carry a Safeway shopping bag with me and pick up the garbage laying around. It's sad to say, but it is the fishermen in the area that are making the mess. Most of the crap is fishing related. Wrappers, bait containers, etc.

Yeah, good show shanks. When I think of your area (never been), ya always picture pristine wilderness etc. Sucks to think that's not always the case. And for the record, before anyone gets upset, I sure didn't mean to imply that it's any better here, because it certainly isn't. Just more populated leaving less area to contaminate.
Rockbass - not just another pretty fish!
Got nymph?         I do!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.