FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Crappy Weather . . . Anyone Going Crappie Fishing Today?  (Read 819 times)

bogtrotter

Miserable weather today - - cold (40's), damp and cloudy.

That got me to thinking (always a dangerous thing).

Crappie are relatively uncommon out my way . . . only a few lakes and ponds (and no streams that I'm aware of) have them.

That being said, for those of you who do go crappie fishing with any regularity, is the quality of the fishing inversely proportional to the weather - - Or, in other words, does (as the name would suggest) the fishing improve the worse the weather is?

taxid

Re: Crappy Weather . . . Anyone Going Crappie Fishing Today?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2021, 09:50 AM »
I'm in a different part of the country but we find out here in the midwest the crappies are catchable early and don't mind cold water. After all they can be easy to catch through the ice and they prefer low light feeding so cloudy weather does not bother them.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Ryan51993

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2021, 10:59 AM »
I don't find crappie to be picky about weather conditions at all. The thing with crappie is figuring out where they hang out. They like to move around but there will be a few preferred spots on each body of water. This makes them hard to figure out at first but then pretty easy when you've figured out the pond.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2021, 12:14 PM »
I don't find crappie to be picky about weather conditions at all. The thing with crappie is figuring out where they hang out. They like to move around but there will be a few preferred spots on each body of water. This makes them hard to figure out at first but then pretty easy when you've figured out the pond.

X2. I do best early morning and late afternoon into nightfall. Some say best bite is midnight to 2 AM which we experienced a couple of weeks ago. ;D ;D

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2021, 08:13 PM »
If you can find them suspended in groups, weather by and large doesn't seem to matter at all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.