FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good morning  (Read 2860 times)

RoeBoat

Re: Good morning
« Reply #15 on: Jul 09, 2018, 04:55 PM »
If you want some better pics of my rig I can take and post some.  I have a cheap sit in so I made a bracket that holds my vex and my poles.

What isn't there a learning curve on? 

Docks Hound

« Reply #16 on: Jul 09, 2018, 10:06 PM »
Yes that would be appreciated. I'm fishing a cheap sit on top myself but hope to get a pedal drive next spring. Looks like you run spinning reels on the crappie poles? You ever run casting reels or are spinning the way to go? I have a older 500 hundred size shimano spinning reel I was gonna toss on when the rod arrives.

tater140

« Reply #17 on: Jul 10, 2018, 07:31 AM »
so you're saying there's a learning curve?
Not a learning curve so much as it is good for laughs.  Everyone likes to crank the fish up until they see it on top of the water.  If you crank the fish up to within 2' of the rod tip and then go to pull them out of the water they go sailing by 10' over your head.  Usually after about 3 passes overhead they realize they can't reach the fish, so they have to let more line out. 
Long story short depending how deep your fishing you really don't have to crank in much line (if any)to land the fish.

All in all it's a fun and effective way to fish.

RoeBoat

« Reply #18 on: Jul 10, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Type of reel won't matter for spider rigging because all it's doing is holding your line, until you get something big on that is, then you may use the drag and reel a bit.  I just use my small spinning reel off my ice setups.  I will post some pics later

RoeBoat

« Reply #19 on: Jul 10, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Some pics of pole support.  The handles just lay between my legs on my small soft sided cooler.

Docks Hound

« Reply #20 on: Jul 10, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Nice looking rig! This has given me some ideas for my kayak. I like how you can fold the rod rest down if needed. I have a pvc transducer arm mounted to a pipe flange on the bow and think I can rework this into a rod rest as well. Thanks for taking the time to post these.

RoeBoat

« Reply #21 on: Jul 10, 2018, 05:16 PM »
Anytime.  I made a PVC mount for mine before I realized how well it shoots through the bottom of my boat, now it just sits on the floor!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.