FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512833 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2100 on: May 10, 2018, 01:58 PM »
Plants are growing!

Wicked Wec

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2101 on: May 10, 2018, 06:05 PM »
Looking great Sharps. You've got a really good start on the growing season.

I'll be transplanting my seedlings from the cold frame to the garden this weekend. Probably Sunday as I look at the weather. Then I can change things  up in the cold frame. Need to start a few flowers for mama.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2102 on: May 11, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Lots of stuff outside and frost warning tonight..... :-\ :P :P

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2103 on: May 11, 2018, 05:12 PM »
Hope everything survives okay. Sunday is the big day.

Mid 40's for us tonight. Another day in the 50's tomorrow with some showers around.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2104 on: May 12, 2018, 04:12 PM »
What a great day gardening.
Mama's new flower bed.
Perennial/annual

Planted the flower boxes.

Planted the seed for my perennial wild flower patches.

Put some spinach in next to the garlic.

Planted my one and only zucchini for the year

Harvested more asparagus

Fun playing in the dirt.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2105 on: May 13, 2018, 05:13 AM »
Looks really nice Bob.
It was cloudy showers, foggy and cold all day yesterday.  Hope today is better as far as sales and the weather.... .    :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2106 on: May 13, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Looks really nice Bob.
It was cloudy showers, foggy and cold all day yesterday.  Hope today is better as far as sales and the weather.... .    :-\

It's a beautiful day around here. Very sunny, but dry and cool. Lowes was a mob scene at 8:30 am this morning.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2107 on: May 15, 2018, 07:25 AM »
Added a layer of leaf mulch to my potatoes , cukes and pickles I have planted. Also added some wood ash to the potatoes to help the Ph. Everything is growing along quite nicely.

I planted our sunflower patches yesterday. I chose the spot where I had my leaf mulch pile a couple years ago. Rich ground for sure. Didn't want to dig it up completely so I uesd my bulb drill and set holes in a pattern. Then I filled them up with potting mix and planted the seeds. I put in Mammoth, Velvet Queen and a mixed variety. Might do a little fence around it and cover it with leaf mulch. Should be pretty cool with twelve foot sunflowers in the middle, six foot flowers around them and four foot flowers on the border.

Also emptied the seed trays along the garage for Black Oil flowers. Replaced the bird feeders with petunias. Saw the hummingbirds at the lilac bush last evening so I put their feeder up as well.

My birds and bees should be happy.

Rg

deerefishyfishy

« Reply #2108 on: May 15, 2018, 08:47 AM »

Deerefishyfishy  I hope you didnt dig that out with that shovel???     ;D ;D ;D

Dumped two big piles with a tractor from the family farm and then spread it all by hand. It gives you a new appreciation for tractors and manure spreaders. They could have done in 30 seconds what it took me about 3 hours to do by hand. I guess a little exercise never hurt anyone though
Do you think fish go home and lie about all the bait they stole?

Early to bed, early to rise
Fish all day and make up lies...

There's a reason they call it fishing, not catching.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2109 on: May 15, 2018, 12:02 PM »
This is a grumpy old man moment..... >:(
Some one got a lesson this morning on how to roll up hoses... .

Wrong way..   :P

Doms way.....   8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2110 on: May 15, 2018, 03:24 PM »
You and me and my son will get along quite well. My son tells me about dealing with the morons on the golf course and having to TEACH them how to coil up the miles of hoses they use for irrigation. In my cabinet shop, one really quick way to find yourself out the door was to ignore my instructions on coiling air hoses and extension cords.

Some people just don't get it.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2111 on: May 15, 2018, 03:38 PM »
How do you get 3 knots and one of them around a post?   :o :o

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2112 on: May 15, 2018, 05:40 PM »
It takes persistence and stupidity  :-\

I caught one of my shop workers winding a cord around his arm one day and instructed him on the proper winding of an extension cord. A few days later I found him doing the same thing again. I asked if he understood what I told him and he said " what's the difference"

I fired him on the spot, telling him he was just too stupid to work for me. Seems harsh, but he really was too stupid to work for me.

Rg

zwiggles

« Reply #2113 on: May 15, 2018, 05:57 PM »
It takes persistence and stupidity  :-\

I caught one of my shop workers winding a cord around his arm one day and instructed him on the proper winding of an extension cord. A few days later I found him doing the same thing again. I asked if he understood what I told him and he said " what's the difference"

I fired him on the spot, telling him he was just too stupid to work for me. Seems harsh, but he really was too stupid to work for me.

Rg

You can lead a horse to water, but....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2114 on: May 15, 2018, 06:31 PM »
You can't teach him to play cards ;D

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.