FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A lot more wind than usual this year  (Read 1395 times)

taxid

A lot more wind than usual this year
« on: Mar 30, 2021, 04:37 PM »
So if I invest in a wind turbine to produce electricity does that mean it will die down? It seems when I invest in ice fishing equipment we don't get much ice, and when I invested in an expensive snowblower attachment for the John Deere, there was no more measurable snow for the season.

At least would calm down to not be constantly fishing in a gale. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishinator

Re: A lot more wind than usual this year
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2021, 05:04 PM »
Wind sucks but the crappie have been loving it!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2021, 05:11 PM »
It seems more consistent this spring. But it’s been really dry as well. It’s spring. If you don’t like the weather, wait 10 minutes.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2021, 05:53 PM »
Lol, seems like it's blowing more around here, blew the swing set over again yesterday and I see a piece of flashing in the yard from somewhere today, getting tired of it.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2021, 07:27 PM »
We are having stronger wind than I can ever remember growing up here than we have had in the last couple years. We had some wind just outside town at 91 mph. Getting really tired of the wind.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2021, 09:21 AM »
It seems more consistent this spring. But it’s been really dry as well. It’s spring. If you don’t like the weather, wait 10 minutes.

Rg

Yep low of 20 tomorrow night and in the low 70's by the weekend. My post was actually tongue in cheek of course. However I am designing an aquaculture buildng that will stay at 65 to 70 all winter just by being well insulated and utilizing  glazing on the south facing wall and a black painted Trombe wall with vents just inside the glazing. Glazing ratio to floor space will be between 0.19 to 0.38 square feet. I have a free gas or electric heater if need be as back up.

My power signature will be really low using airlifts instead of centrifugal pumps, but icing on the cake would be to use primarily a solar/wind hybrid system for that. I have a market already for hatching, rearing, and planting tilapia for algae control in recreational ponds and rainbow trout for fall stocking in recreational ponds.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2021, 02:00 PM »
i cant believe you havent made wind powered aerators for your ponds already.   the building sounds interesting.  cant wait to see it operate next winter.

I may hold off another year as I think I'll apply for an agriculture grant. if it's innovative enough I could get from 60 to 100 percent paid for if I wait. I missed the deadline for this year.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2021, 02:14 PM »
Gotta appreciate an honest to gosh entrepreneur. Kudos to you for your ingenuity and persistence.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2021, 06:34 AM »
Gotta appreciate an honest to gosh entrepreneur. Kudos to you for your ingenuity and persistence.

Rg

I absolutely love building may own equipment and solving technical problems! I think I get it from my dad. But don't ask me anything about computers! That's my wife's forte. I figured out how to hatch and rear trout in my basement using mostly the same water over and over again with DIY bio and sediment filters while other people are hiring consultants and spending thousands of dollars buying turn key systems, and don't know what to do if they break down.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.