FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bat houses?  (Read 3138 times)

taxid

Re: Bat houses?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 26, 2021, 05:57 PM »
Be careful on that ladder. I spent years up and down ladders.

Ladders are why man invented the bucket truck.

Rg

Thanks for the concern, but although I'm not afraid of heights anymore I still have very healthy respect for them. And I don't look down!

I wish I could use a bucket but it would have to be a really long one as the deck is in the way.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Apr 26, 2021, 06:38 PM »
I ran them up to 135’. Never had an issue.

Took a fall off an extension ladder in the 70’s. All I did was make a wrong move and out it went from under me. Smashed wrist, broken ribs and black and blue stripes from my knees to my neck. Landed on top of the ladder with my wrist under it.

Not any fun at all. They set it two times. I was sure the Inquisition was back in town.

Take your time and be careful.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #17 on: Apr 26, 2021, 07:08 PM »
I fell of my 20’ extension ladder 3 weeks ago.  Only 6-7 steps up but I cut my fingers up and sprained my wrist.
No more.
I’m done.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: Apr 27, 2021, 06:35 AM »
Send your kid up the ladder. Only ladder I have is 5’ tall.

Way back when I first started with the lighting company I was on the crew changing lightbulbs and retrofitting fixtures. All day long up and down 8, 10, 12’ and extension ladders. Then after a couple other guys got hurt in falls we bought a couple scissors lifts and a tow behind 35’ boom. Eventually we.
 bought a bucket truck.

That was immediately mine and mine alone. I ran around the state servicing exterior lighting and signs. I was the only guy who knew what he was doing with that stuff. My partner and I serviced signs and lighting that were up to 100’ in the air. I really liked running the big lifts. Nobody bothered us when we worked on the big stuff. He was the only guy I’d go up in a lift with. I miss working with Edgar. He was a good guy and a good friend....and almost as fast as me.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #19 on: Apr 27, 2021, 07:03 AM »
Send your kid up the ladder. Only ladder I have is 5’ tall.

Rg

After I fell I did.
Called my youngest to come over and finish the job for me.
I was replacing some siding that was peeling off from a heavy wind.
No more!
A 6’ step ladder is now my limit.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Apr 27, 2021, 08:16 AM »
👍

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Apr 27, 2021, 09:05 AM »
I needed an TV antenna changed out at the peak of the roof, and the guy came out to do it and took one look and said, "no!" and left. As you can see the pitch is quite steep.  :rotflol: This was before I had a metal roof installed. At least there is some grip with shingles.

An Amish crew was building my garage and an apartment above it at the time, and one of the boys hopped up there and got the job done. No fear whatsoever. But then I've seen them walk back and forth upright on ridge posts like it's no big deal.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2021, 03:26 PM »
I bought a 5 chamber house that will hold up to 600 bats. Screws will be replaced with stainless steel and the top sealed a little better. The outside of the backboard will be painted as it's only plywood unlike the rest of the house that is cedar. The organization for bat conservation ceased to exist in 2018 so I'm sure it's just a selling gimmick. That said I think it will do the job.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2021, 03:32 PM »
The Yankees could use that many bats.

Rg

Badbrad2186

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2021, 06:11 PM »

Rg

Don't think that would even help them 😂😂😂

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2021, 06:26 PM »
Hey..they’re at .500!

Rg

taxid

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2021, 07:11 AM »

Rg

:D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.