FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Adjust - A - Bubble  (Read 19623 times)

Mackdaddy21

Adjust - A - Bubble
« on: Oct 05, 2004, 03:05 PM »
How many of you here are fans of this greatest of all floats? I think it's the best d**n bobber I have ever used. You can rig it as a fixed float by twisting the internal tube, or a slipfloat with a bobber stop. I use it when casting dry flies on the surface for mountain lake trout, as a fixed or slipfloat for presenting bait or jigs to crappie or bluegill, or a slipfloat for walleyes. Heck, you can even put on a small glowstick and you have a night float. Best float ever bar none in my mind. Can even use it as a sinker.

Tyler

trapperdirk

Re: Adjust - A - Bubble
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2004, 06:52 AM »
Lets see a pic of this float Tyler . Not quite sure whether I know it or not .
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

ice dude

« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2005, 05:51 PM »
He is talking about a casting bubble, you know those clear tear drop shaped floats with the rubber tube thru the middle.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2005, 06:56 PM »
I just picked up my first casting bubble. I had heard about them awhile back and scaled the BassProShop for one with no luck. My buddies thought I had made it up. I finally found one at Canadian Tire....I cant wait to test her out.

I have always been wanting to cast flys on my spinning rod and this should do the trick

trout sen-sei

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2005, 08:51 AM »
Also, try the jigging bobbers which are made from styrofoam, hollowed out from top to bottom to slide your line through. then you peg it tight with a lead pin on the bottom at your desired depth. When you want to change the depth, pull the lead peg out, re-adjust the depth and put the peg back in. It casts well and are popular here in P.A. for trout and panfish.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2005, 10:05 AM »
I gave my casting bobber a try yesterday. I left about 3 to 4 feet of line under it and attached a fly. then I was able to drag it along the top.  It worked Ok, I caught a few small gills.  I will definently give it a second go.

ice dude

« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2005, 03:19 PM »
if you have problems with your line wrapping around it , like i have in the past. try to stop your cast by grabing the line before it hits the water, so the fly goes past the float.

Flash_King

« Reply #7 on: Aug 05, 2005, 04:12 PM »
Check out Rainbow Plastics on the WEB     Have used their products for 20 years from eveything from gills to stripers. like the 3/8 oz size. like the standard float-seems that the rubber inside the adjustable wears out real quick in the heat! To use as a sinking weight just drill a few holes,or unsrew both screws,heat pin to melt plastic to cavity.fill with distilled water ,replace screws with epoxy mix - ready to reach out for big ones usually just out side your casting distance(shore fishing),shore fly fishermen love me when I can get to those rising trout past where they can reach(lol)

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2009, 02:21 PM »
right here

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2009, 07:00 PM »
when not in use, i straighten a paper clip and slide it into the elastic tube, this stops the eleaztic from shrinking and making it almost impossible to thread

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2009, 07:05 PM »
when not in use, i straighten a paper clip and slide it into the elastic tube, this stops the eleaztic from shrinking and making it almost impossible to thread
Sounds like to much work. I'll stick to slip bobbers, sinkers or a flyrod.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.