FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513792 times)

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4185 on: Apr 23, 2021, 07:48 AM »
Thanks for the recommendation. Have you had any success throwing down the wild flower seed and covering it with mulch?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4186 on: Apr 23, 2021, 09:56 AM »
Haven’t  tried it. I have a west facing 2’ wide patch next to my garage that gets the wild flowers. I keep it pretty much bare ground and they fill it in every year.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4187 on: Apr 25, 2021, 08:17 AM »
I don’t disagree. Just have to find a way to either get over putting holes in the new siding or build a stand

Being middle aged, Polish and a tad stubborn, I gave it the ol college try to fix them.

Replaced the washers and the made a new connection hose from the spigot to the reel.

Added some pipe thread tape to the male ends and it seems have corrected the issues on the first one.

Now on to #2

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4188 on: Apr 25, 2021, 08:44 AM »
I’ll try fixing just about anything first. That’s sort of where my name came from.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4189 on: Apr 25, 2021, 02:41 PM »
Was surprised to get some spring colors back up my sidewalk after the snow and deep freeze..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Pequod1

« Reply #4190 on: Apr 25, 2021, 02:41 PM »
I had a big problem last season from some bulk garden mix I bought locally from the garden factory. Turns out that the ph was 7.8 when I had Cornell test it.  Basically, nothing grows at that high a ph. I started replacing the soil and have recently sampled 4 raised bed garden soil mixes.  In order of worse to best they are:
1  miracle grow.
2  Epoma
3 scots
4 coast of maine

Miracle grow was nothing but raw compost from a garbage dump.  All sorts of plastic in the mix along with big pieces of wood.  Scots  was ok but came in small bags  I really liked the coast of Maine product.  Very light, rich and kind of fluffy.  They also state the actual ph (6.5) on their website along with what’s in it and what each ingredient does.
I guess time will tell.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4191 on: Apr 25, 2021, 03:04 PM »
Was surprised to get some spring colors back up my sidewalk after the snow and deep freeze..)

A bit of spring color is good for the soul.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #4192 on: Apr 25, 2021, 04:55 PM »
The garden stays plastic wrapped again this year.
Been baking now for 2 years.
My son Jeff will get a nice garden when he buys the place.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4193 on: Apr 25, 2021, 05:25 PM »
Be moldy by then.
Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #4194 on: Apr 25, 2021, 05:48 PM »
Be moldy by then.
Rg

Nope
Got air holes.
😉

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4195 on: Apr 26, 2021, 05:27 PM »
Finally sold my chipper shredder. It’s been in the way for 3 years. Nice young man came to look at it a week ago. It started right up but died shortly after. Bought a new carb, installed it and it ran perfectly. He was still very interested and offered me $30 more than we agreed on for making the repairs.

How rare is that? I told him thanks but a deal is a deal. He’s got a good running machine and I don’t have to find a place to store it 11 months out of the year.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #4196 on: Apr 26, 2021, 07:17 PM »
Finally sold my chipper shredder. It’s been in the way for 3 years. Nice young man came to look at it a week ago. It started right up but died shortly after. Bought a new carb, installed it and it ran perfectly. He was still very interested and offered me $30 more than we agreed on for making the repairs.

How rare is that? I told him thanks but a deal is a deal. He’s got a good running machine and I don’t have to find a place to store it 11 months out of the year.

Rg

It’s things like this that makes it really tough to yank your chain Bob.

Tough............but not impossible.
 ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4197 on: Apr 27, 2021, 06:20 AM »
You usually find a way.

Asparagus I’d taking off pretty good. Some really big spears popping out.  It up my seed potatoes yesterday. I’ll let them scab over for a week and then plant. Think I’m going to buy my tomatoes and cukes this year. Might start a few in the trough planter.

Rg

Badbrad2186

« Reply #4198 on: Apr 27, 2021, 06:48 AM »
You usually find a way.

Asparagus I’d taking off pretty good. Some really big spears popping out.  It up my seed potatoes yesterday. I’ll let them scab over for a week and then plant. Think I’m going to buy my tomatoes and cukes this year. Might start a few in the trough planter.

Rg

Bob let me know what ya need for cukes and tomatos green house is full of plants be ready for sale in a couple weeks. I'm only in Williamson

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4199 on: Apr 27, 2021, 08:17 AM »
Great! I hate giving the big box stores money for plants.

Bob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.