FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dansville/Stoney Brook area  (Read 2792 times)

buffaloice

Dansville/Stoney Brook area
« on: Jun 10, 2020, 04:06 PM »
Hello, going camping with the fam this weekend and wondering if anyone has any info regarding decent fishing in this area? Been looking at a couple maps and i see Canaserdera (sp) creek runs through our campground. Thanks in advance fellas

centerpinjosh

• live to fish forced to work
Re: Dansville/Stoney Brook area
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Canaseraga creek is a good spot to try lots of trout might have to do a little walking to get into some.. u can also check out dansville resivour or south end of conesus

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2020, 08:48 PM »
Canaseraga creek is a good spot to try lots of trout might have to do a little walking to get into some.. u can also check out dansville resivour or south end of conesus
Dansville Res. requires a $2 permit from the town clerks office.  Limited access due to steep banks.  Canaseraga Creek is a good trout stream.  Kanakadea Park in Hornell has some shore access fishing there in Almond Lake.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

buffaloice

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2020, 06:36 AM »
Thanks guys! i dont mind a walk! Ill take my boy exploring.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2020, 07:24 AM »
Don't know what you have going on but you also will be within a short drive (20 minutes or so) to Conesus, Hemlock, and Canadice.  Hemlock and Canadice both have ample shore fishing opportunities.  If you have your kayak, obviously things open up a bit more for you.

centerpinjosh

• live to fish forced to work
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2020, 06:17 PM »
I'm not 100% sure but I do believe they got away with getting  the permit to fish the res. I live in dansville and the res has been my go to spot for years now

buffaloice

« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2020, 10:55 AM »
Hey guys thanks had a great weekend! Wasnt so much a "fishing trip: as it was a family camping getaway. Cansedera was low and clear, went and fished the Dansville reservoir on Saturday, the boy got some decent sunnies and a decent LM with a bobber and worm, i tossed a big Mepps in the weeds hoping for a pike, no joy. Still fun and great scenery. Talked to a guy on the way out who said he has alot of luck on a "Bell Bait" never heard of it but im gonna check it out. Thanks for the tips!

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2020, 08:18 PM »
I'm not 100% sure but I do believe they got away with getting  the permit to fish the res. I live in dansville and the res has been my go to spot for years now
Permit still "required" although I've never been asked for it and frankly doubt most others bother to get one.

Hey guys thanks had a great weekend! Wasnt so much a "fishing trip: as it was a family camping getaway. Cansedera was low and clear, went and fished the Dansville reservoir on Saturday, the boy got some decent sunnies and a decent LM with a bobber and worm, i tossed a big Mepps in the weeds hoping for a pike, no joy. Still fun and great scenery. Talked to a guy on the way out who said he has alot of luck on a "Bell Bait" never heard of it but im gonna check it out. Thanks for the tips!
Glad you had a good trip!!  I probably rode by you on Saturday.

buffaloice

« Reply #8 on: Jun 14, 2021, 09:54 AM »
Heading back this weekend! Are they still requiring a permit to fish the reservoir? Hows the fishing been lately? Thanks in advance

gotagetm

« Reply #9 on: Jun 14, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Haven't been fishing there in a bit I live in dansville yes permit required

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 15, 2021, 07:26 AM »
There's another local park not far from Stony Brook with kid friendly access.  Might try this.....  https://www.steubencony.org/pages.asp?PID=82

PeterCos

« Reply #11 on: Jun 15, 2021, 01:03 PM »
Just a note on permits.  Here the Tomhanock of City of Troy res. suspended the need for a permit for Covid and am not sure if they have reinstated, but it may be similar the situation there.

gotagetm

« Reply #12 on: Jun 15, 2021, 05:34 PM »
You need permit, me and wife got ours few weeks ago

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.