FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Our 50th Anniversary  (Read 6580 times)

icefisher47

Re: Our 50th Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: Mar 31, 2021, 01:43 PM »
They do look good.
Take a kid fishing

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #46 on: Mar 31, 2021, 02:45 PM »
Thanks. My Bride requested this one in the meantime.

It’s wider than she wants but I got a big hug, a kiss and a “you’re amazing”.

Priceless.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #47 on: Mar 31, 2021, 02:54 PM »
Beautiful craftsmanship. It's nice to see it still exists. I get so upset being in the construction industry that it's speed over quality. Or even pay... I do quality work because of my integrity not how much the job pays. You can have good or fast. You can't have both

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #48 on: Mar 31, 2021, 04:29 PM »
Don’t let it get you down. Stick to your principals and keep improving. I’ve never really worried much about what others do. I have always taken pride in what I produce. Not for what others think, but for what I think.

A couple of those rings were finished, stripped and refinished a couple of times before I was happy with them. The one I made for my Bride today didn’t suit me so I stripped the wood band and started over again. I can’t settle for “pretty good”.

The ring with the copper wire inlay has a piece set in to fix a gap because I cut the wire too short. It’s about 1/16” long and took me 5 tries to get in place. My Son couldn’t find it even after I showed him where it was.

The person who makes an item is most likely the only one who knows or sees the defects. But, that’s all that counts. The biggest obstacle I have is my old eyes. I need lots of light and magnification.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #49 on: Mar 31, 2021, 04:38 PM »
I agree 100% rg. I hold myself to a super high standard. I mostly do residential framing but I want my cuts and fit up to trim quality or better. And I find hand nailing makes for a much more stable structure. Don't get me wrong, air or pneumatic nailers have a top place on trim work. But not in structural applications.

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #50 on: Mar 31, 2021, 04:39 PM »
You never stop learning. Or improving.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #51 on: Mar 31, 2021, 04:51 PM »
You can’t finish out a badly framed structure.. just like finishing anything. It’s what’s underneath that counts.

Rg

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #52 on: Mar 31, 2021, 04:54 PM »
You start out good. You end with good. If you start out with a mistake or bad decisions you chase them the whole way....

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #53 on: Mar 31, 2021, 04:56 PM »
When you say good enough it's time to give it up and do something else.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #54 on: Mar 31, 2021, 07:37 PM »
How about the old “can’t see it from my house!”

What you leave behind is .....what you leave behind.

Bob

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #55 on: Apr 04, 2021, 02:13 PM »
Here’s a couple samples I made today.

Bloodwood and Zebrawood.
Rg

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #56 on: Apr 04, 2021, 07:00 PM »
Very nice rg.

deerefishyfishy

« Reply #57 on: Apr 04, 2021, 07:28 PM »
Beautiful craftsmanship. It's nice to see it still exists. I get so upset being in the construction industry that it's speed over quality. Or even pay... I do quality work because of my integrity not how much the job pays. You can have good or fast. You can't have both
My barber used to have a sign hanging in his shop that said: "We do three types of jobs here- good, fast, and cheap..you may choose any two. If it's fast and cheap, it won't be good. If it's good and cheap, it won't be fast. And if it's good and fast, it won't be cheap!"

I always loved that sign. When I used to work construction my motto that I told people was "I don't do s!#t work". I usually took a little longer than other people, but I never returned to fix a screw-up and that was where the real money advantage was also.

The rings all look amazing Rg! Great work
Do you think fish go home and lie about all the bait they stole?

Early to bed, early to rise
Fish all day and make up lies...

There's a reason they call it fishing, not catching.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #58 on: Apr 05, 2021, 07:30 AM »
Yup! Do it once right and you make a lot more money.

Have to put together a little light box today to photograph some of my turnings. I need to get a portfolio together for sales.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #59 on: Apr 05, 2021, 02:17 PM »
Took a while to figure out the lighting, background and display.

Reflections are hard to defeat. It’s getting there..

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.