FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sunapee Launches  (Read 1261 times)

Rainbow1

• Greenland Cove
Sunapee Launches
« on: May 15, 2021, 04:12 AM »
Does anyone have info about the launch at Georges Mills or any of the private marinas or State park?  I have not been able to find much on line.  Limited launches / parking / information.  That place is buttoned down pretty tight.

swnoel

Re: Sunapee Launches
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 04:41 AM »
Good luck finding a good launch anywhere in NH that the state maintains. It still amazes me that Ellacoya and it's 600 feet of beach and 65 acres never had a good launch installed.

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 06:36 AM »
Blame gov. Sununu for lack of Sunapee access.  NHFG worked for a decade to to plan and fund the Wild Goose boat launch.
Sununu was elected with funds from wealthy Sunapee land owners.  He killed the project at a last minute governor's council meeting. 
I don't think we realize how hard it is for NHFG  to fund a million dollar launch and than fight politicians and land owners who don't want to share our public waters.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 08:28 AM »
Does anyone have info about the launch at Georges Mills or any of the private marinas or State park?  I have not been able to find much on line.  Limited launches / parking / information.  That place is buttoned down pretty tight.

It's a terrible transient boater situation at Sunapee. If you are in a car topper or something that draws very little water you can use the State Park but if you draft over 1 foot forget it. Georges Mills is fine to launch but you can't park there at all, and there is no where to park within walking distance. There is basically only one public launch, it's right in Sunapee Harbor, but I assume you know about it, since it's the only real public launch on that lake and you were specific about asking the other spots.

There are a few marinas but they don't offer launch and park services.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.