FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42432 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #120 on: Oct 22, 2021, 04:50 AM »
Well, guess I’m re-re-re-retired after today. At least till April. Supposed to do one more mowing today and the Super said he’d keep me on call if they needed me for anything.

Was supposed to mow yesterday but it rained heavy in the morning. So, I helped my Son repair that irrigation blowout.

Didn’t know I was gonna do that so I didn’t have any mud boots . My Son did all the work in the hole.

Couldn’t believe the pile of rocks he had to dig out to expose the pipe.

For some reason there was a repair coupling at that spot. We have no idea why. All the rocks and settling cracked the coupling.

After a lot of hard work and digging he replaced it and all is well.

He’s really good at his job. Makes me proud.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #121 on: Oct 22, 2021, 05:01 AM »
Looks like hard work to me….
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #122 on: Oct 22, 2021, 02:46 PM »
It was. I felt bad not being able to get in the thick of it with him. He’s tough, persistent and fussier than I am. Plus he really likes his work. Guess a bit of me rubbed off on him.

Today he and I mowed 18 approaches/collars and 71 tee boxes in a bit under 4 1/2 hrs. When we met back up at the shop I said “ that went pretty well”. He said “ you kidding me…that was d**n fast!”

Super said he’d probably call me in for a few more days over the next couple weeks. There’s still a lot to do. Suits me just fine.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #123 on: Oct 24, 2021, 10:37 AM »
Changed cups and tees with my Son this morning. He let me cut and plug one. He makes it look easy. It is after doing it 10,000 times. I had to think about it.

Cold and clear at 5:45. I wore my ice fishing suit.

Probably won’t get to do that again till May.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #124 on: Oct 28, 2021, 02:36 PM »
Super asked me if I’d come in and mow tomorrow. I’m good with that. Think I’ll break out my ice fishing suit and heated gloves.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #125 on: Nov 04, 2021, 03:47 PM »
Mowing one more day tomorrow. Late start. 8:30 am. Frost is bad on a golf course. Supposed to be 31 at 8:00. I’m wearing my ice fishing suit and heated gloves. Might make a thermos of bullion.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #126 on: Nov 05, 2021, 01:52 PM »
Had to wait a while to mow fairways this morning. Lots of frost.

But….I’m still working. Going in Sunday to mow greens with my Son and will probably work a few days next week.

Suits me. I really enjoy it.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #127 on: Nov 05, 2021, 08:14 PM »
Nice, keep you out of trouble

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #128 on: Nov 06, 2021, 04:36 AM »
For the most part anyways.

The work is fun with 0 pressure. Best part is, and I know I’ve said this already, I get to work with my Son.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #129 on: Nov 07, 2021, 06:30 AM »
Waiting on the frost again. Might not even be able to mow today. My Son and I are going to check on things in an hour or so.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #130 on: Nov 07, 2021, 12:09 PM »
Nope…no mowing this morning. Frost was heavy and didn’t give in till almost 10:00.my Son and I went around the course and drained sections of irrigation. Tomorrow they blow out the system for the winter.

I’m guessing I’ll be mowing.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #131 on: Nov 08, 2021, 12:30 PM »
Hour and a half frost delay after which I mowed 19 greens. Took my time. What a beautiful day. Started shedding layers by 9:00.  Mowing fairways tomorrow and most likely tees, approaches and collars Wednesday. Compressor never showed up to blow out the irrigation system. Lots of leaves got moved.

What an enjoyable day.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #132 on: Nov 10, 2021, 12:30 PM »
Mowed greens for the last time today.
A few pics of my handiwork

Gonna miss my “office” this winter.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #133 on: Nov 10, 2021, 01:11 PM »
Nice, that's a beautiful course, you guys do a great job taking care of it

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #134 on: Nov 10, 2021, 02:23 PM »
Thanks. We think so. This was the first year with a new super and crew. The last super bailed in February and took the whole crew with him. Basically left the course in shambles. Took till end of July to get a basic crew together and get the equipment mostly working with a part time mechanic.

They were really lucky to happen on my Son. Rob worked the course for 10 years before moving on to another. He knows more about it than anyone they could have bumped into. He’s dedicated, efficient and damned fussy. If it don’t look right he’s not happy. ( he did cut me some slack though)

We “ old guys” did our part. We learned and executed….and….showed up……every day. We’re still mowing. Going in tomorrow to do a final mow on all the tees.

I surely will miss it this winter. Really took my time today. Soaked in the quiet, fall smells, visuals and ambiance. No one begrudged the time.

Should have started doing this 11 years ago instead of wasting my time at ….lowe’s ( fill in the blanks)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.