FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: is the DMV open for walk in service?  (Read 3463 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
is the DMV open for walk in service?
« on: Jun 15, 2021, 04:51 AM »
like a  idiot i forgot tp  get my little boat trailer registered..... i can't  do it on line it's over a year old  .... is the   DMV   open  for  walk in's  without appoitments  again
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Flukeman

Re: is the DMV open for walk in service?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2021, 05:51 AM »
Trap I would call your local DMV's to see what they are doing. they all had their own deal going during COVID as far as online, appointments, and hours. My buddy went last night to Taft Road by appointment. The lady told him they had not decided when to open to walk-in public yet. I know my area DMV will open to walk-ins on June 21st, but only to Madison County residents. Yours may be different.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2021, 06:02 AM »
Why would you want to walk in and wait? Make an appointment and your in and out without wasting your free time…

trapper2000

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2021, 06:09 AM »
because a appointment is a month away ...bass opens  sat

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2021, 06:28 AM »
Oh wow….that’s crazy! Well if you can walk in up your way or Pulaski your way better off.

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Jun 15, 2021, 06:32 AM »
because a appointment is a month away ...bass opens  sat

Try a different branch and drive to it.
What else you got to do....................'cept maybe go fishing for bass.

fishinjohn

« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2021, 06:34 AM »
Catt county is appt.. however a month ago i just walked in and nobody said a word
Personally,  id go down there and walk in.. worst thays gonna hallen is theyre going to turn you away

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2021, 07:19 AM »
One local DMV here you have to be vetted by a deputy to even gain entrance to the building.  Renewed mine online months ago.  Have yet to receive it in the mail.  Got back four other registrations we did at the same time.  Local DMV says "be patient, sometimes takes weeks."  lol  If you can't get a "walk in" done, make an appointment and drive on.  If you get stopped, show the man you've done all you could reasonably do.  They're not ticketing that kind of thing due to those kind of issues. 
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

trapper2000

« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2021, 07:20 AM »
the  earliest appointment is july 19  on july 5  tues and  thurs  are  open for walk ins ..... i am going to mail it in to my local  DMV  or try to fax it take pictures  and if i get pulled over i did the best i could

bigal409

« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2021, 11:00 AM »
Trap come down this way. We have a satellite office right here in my village two days a week and appointments are needed but can usually get one made a few days in advance. then we will go fishing while your here.  :rotflol: :rotflol:

Badbrad2186

« Reply #10 on: Jun 15, 2021, 11:37 AM »
like a  idiot i forgot tp  get my little boat trailer registered..... i can't  do it on line it's over a year old  .... is the   DMV   open  for  walk in's  without appoitments  again

Wayne county if you have all the paper work you can drop it off and they will call you in a couple days sometimes as little as an hour

62 & Done

« Reply #11 on: Jun 15, 2021, 03:54 PM »
here in Montgomery Co it's walkins welcome for county reidents only   Not sure if it's a state wide thing I would just try    They shouldn't ticket you if you can't get it done right ?

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #12 on: Jun 15, 2021, 06:17 PM »
Inspired by this thread, i took a chance and walked in to our DMV.  I asked if appt's are required and was told yes but the lady asked what I needed.  I explained and she fixed me up.  The next guy thru the door said he had an appt. but when he got to the counter the lady said "Sir, your appt. was for 0915......"  It was then 1145.  "Well my truck broke down, I tried to call you people......."   They sent him out.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #13 on: Jun 15, 2021, 07:39 PM »
Trapper,  Never met you in person but if you cannot get it registered and want to fish Oneida, you have a seat on my boat if you like.

SeanP

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #14 on: Jun 16, 2021, 05:37 AM »
Inspired by this thread, i took a chance and walked in to our DMV.  I asked if appt's are required and was told yes but the lady asked what I needed.  I explained and she fixed me up.  The next guy thru the door said he had an appt. but when he got to the counter the lady said "Sir, your appt. was for 0915......"  It was then 1145.  "Well my truck broke down, I tried to call you people......."   They sent him out.

Moral of the story.....SIZEMATTERS.

I couldn't resist....h2l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.