MFF US Midwest > Indiana

strip pit fishing

(1/1)

garyo3:
Hey there,
I have never posted before, I hope this works. We are hitting green Sullivan the first week of October, tried it last year in september with limited success. any tips on best methods for panfish would be greatly appreciated. The lack of regular structure really through me off. I live in Valparaiso, Indiana.

garyo3

asphalt_kid:
Try drifting crickets in deep water and the use of electronics to find them big gills, dont rule out red worms either, I would advise against beating the banks down there.

garyo3:
Thank you Asphalt Kid,

under floats ? I was considering trying bottom bouncers we have done well in canada on the crappies that way on lake of the woods. Sounded crazy at the time but turned out to be a decent pattern. Thanks for the tip on the crickets!

garyo3

garyo3:
  LEAVING THURSDAY AM FOR GREENE/SULLIVAN. ANY REPORTS OR INFO FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS,

GO3

mrwalleye:

--- Quote from: garyo3 on Sep 06, 2005, 06:51 PM ---Hey there,
I have never posted before, I hope this works. We are hitting green Sullivan the first week of October, tried it last year in september with limited success. any tips on best methods for panfish would be greatly appreciated. The lack of regular structure really through me off. I live in Valparaiso, Indiana.

garyo3

--- End quote ---
i did some fishing last summer in indiana.  muskatatuck river.  i caught tons of little redbreasted sunfish.  those were some good eating fish.  every break in the current, i would just pull in one after another, i couldnt believe how many were in such a small area.  headed down there next weekend maybe, the river is right in my brothers back yard. i think we caught about 60 in 2 days, had a big fish fry.  the average size was about 7 inches, we drank i dont know how many coors lights while cleaning them lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version