FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Walleye on lake erie  (Read 2417 times)

perchwisher

• nice one!!!
Re: Walleye on lake erie
« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2009, 10:55 PM »
Tolled out by the departure buoy for a little over 2 hours until sunset.  Surface water temp was generally 62 deg.  Used black & purple Jet divers with matching harnesses, Watermelon dipseys with matching copper & black blades on the harnesses, deep running blue & clear bomber, Floating Rapala 11's in both blue and black with silver, Blueberry Muffin & Munkey puke Stingers off the cannonball with 50 and 100 ft leads.  Varied depths and speeds from 1mph to 2.5 mph.  Up and down wind.  - No walleyes.  :-\

Both sounders were showing huge schools of baitfish and identifying larger fish around them.

Consolation prize on the troll back to the river was a couple of nice jack perch off the dipsey with black watermelon harness, and two minutes later off the 40 black & purple #40 jet at 75ft with matching harness.  The first was 12 and the second was a little over 13 inches.  They were taken in 36 ft of water about half way between the departure buoy and the roundhouse.  One of those schools of baitfish was on the screens when they hit.

i usually fish this end of the lake from seneca shoals to hamburg and then to the departure bouy...we got fish last week but spotty at best...made my way to stug after my buddy called he got 12 in 5 hrs straight off the stug harbor going 2 miles east or west of there...copper watermelon and black pink n purple no lower than 25 ft of water, jets and fish seekers,, try that
JUST ONE LAST CAST!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.