FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best (non chain) tackle shop  (Read 6689 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Best (non chain) tackle shop
« Reply #30 on: Jun 25, 2009, 04:08 AM »
Tell em where ya Got It in Wayland.
Shirley has all the bases covered, including ammo and trapping supplies.

I stop at this one every time I'm through Wayland. It's a classic :thumbup_smilie:
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #31 on: Jun 25, 2009, 04:13 AM »
Hey!! What about MICKEY'S N.Syracuse!!! They have everything and more a lot of old stuff to looking at. I all most forgot, Oneida river bait and tackle on county route 12 in Pennellville, they have very good live bait and there tackle is mostly for panfish,Bass,Walleyes.

Frank

Heading out to hit the river right now!!
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

muskytracks

« Reply #32 on: Jun 25, 2009, 05:32 AM »
I always liked Thorne brothers...but it is quite a drive from NY.  Good thing I go back to visit family once a year.

john t.

« Reply #33 on: Jun 25, 2009, 12:00 PM »
Do they sell sandwiches?
Yes, and cold Beer. and any fishing tackle you need for the Salmon and steelhead run

blaque

« Reply #34 on: Jun 25, 2009, 12:10 PM »
There arent any left in my little village outside of Buffalo. Used to be Dustys Bait and Tackle. And Outdoor Cabins. They are LONG gone. Gotta get closer to the water to have any success in the tackle shop biz.

Only tackle shops ive been in in the last couple years are Slippery Sinker in Olcott. And i also take a ride over the border to Fishin Niagara right on the river near the peace bridge, and if im feeling really adventurous, Petes up in St. Catherines. All great places, all great people inside

tracker 1

« Reply #35 on: Jun 25, 2009, 01:17 PM »
they certainly are better then Dicks

You can't even consider the Dick's here a tackle shop.  The one in Madison caters to the bike riding sports playing crowd.  Their guns and fishing stuff are crammed upstairs out of the way as to not offend the liberals.  Phil and Son is the bait shot I frequent here.  Located inside an old Harley Dealer they have ample space for all their jigs, rods, reels, guns, ammo, etc.  They are also a drop off site for getting my tipups repaired or re-lubed.  I buy almost all my stuff their.
  You are right on the money with that comment. I had a friend that worked at Dicks for 3 yrs and at one time they were thinking of getting rid of guns. At the same time they cut the amount of  space they were devoting to fishing and hunting and put more clothes in its spot.

nyduckman

« Reply #36 on: Jun 25, 2009, 02:21 PM »
FISH307 in Lake George lots of stuff to much my wife thinks

Hollywood

« Reply #37 on: Jun 25, 2009, 02:40 PM »
Hey!! What about MICKEY'S N.Syracuse!!! They have everything and more a lot of old stuff to looking at. I all most forgot, Oneida river bait and tackle on county route 12 in Pennellville, they have very good live bait and there tackle is mostly for panfish,Bass,Walleyes.

Yeah, Mickeys is definately deserving on this subject, nice place!

tracker 1

« Reply #38 on: Jun 25, 2009, 03:24 PM »
  Where is Mickeys ?

phead lakeman

« Reply #39 on: Jun 25, 2009, 03:51 PM »
theirs a gas station near thousand islands thats kicks butt!flyin arrow in east greenbush and slingerlands,ny are pretty decent as well.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #40 on: Jun 25, 2009, 04:17 PM »
There used to be a baitshop up near Yankton S.D. on Lewis and Clark lake above the Gavins Point Dam called appropriately THE DAM BAIT SHOP. They also have THE DAM FIREWORKS SHOP. Like cousin Eddy says "Where can I get some Dam bait" ;D
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

filetandrelease

« Reply #41 on: Jun 25, 2009, 06:01 PM »
I forgot about mickeys , good guys and have good info ,thanks S.C.G. for the reminder !!

thompson

« Reply #42 on: Jun 25, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Mickeys is the best. just north of Church st on South Bay rd N. Syracuse.

snuffynra

« Reply #43 on: Jun 25, 2009, 07:08 PM »
i go to mickeys also,

Instantperception

« Reply #44 on: Jun 25, 2009, 09:04 PM »
Niagara Outdoors, Witmer road in North Tonawanda. Jeff (owner) is BEYOND knowledgeable on hunting and fishing. Great selection, if he doesn't have it he will get it.

absolutely.   I have been going there for 18 years.  I agree with everything MILLERMANKT said and wonder how rainbow is still around   :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.