FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Our Trip West 2018  (Read 2910 times)

Bartman44

Re: Our Trip West 2018
« Reply #15 on: Sep 26, 2018, 06:17 PM »
Thanks everyone, I'm happy that you enjoyed. It's nice to share experiences with you folks who  love the great outdoors and I equally enjoy  like looking at  your posts.  My only advice is don't wait to explore until your almost 60 like me,  wish I did it a long time ago. It's so interesting exploring other parts of the country.  Montana was no exception. Lot's of free spirits out there.  I got up in the dark to drive 20 minutes to a fishing spot and fish for a few hours before the wife got up and  I was amazed at how many Volkswagen (or other model) vans  were just parked in spots  along the rivers in the a.m.  Must be nice to just drive the country. 

Bart 

Bartman44

Re: Our Trip West 2018
« Reply #16 on: Sep 26, 2018, 06:24 PM »
Thanks for sharing what looked like a spectacular trip Bart.  Montana is on my list as well.  I just got back from 4 days of fly fishing and sightseeing in the Colorado Rockies.  Drove from Denver to Vail on I-70 crossing the continental divide going through the Eisenhower tunnel which was really something.  The aspens were in full fall color which was something to see and the river I fished was full of beautiful browns and bows which were fun to watch and fish for in the low clear water.

Nice. Colorado is beautiful.   Fly fishing, I like it.   I was  in Colorado 3 years ago and spent some time in Steamboat Springs.  Yampa has some very big fish.   I like the fact that Southwest offers direct flights from Albany to Denver certain times of the year now so that's inviting me back. 

I have to give you a call. I have the new boat primed for the coast and the stripers and fat albert's are calling.  I might be doing some mid week day runs soon  and will need some company.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.