FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga report ?  (Read 43982 times)

LooseEye90

Re: Sacandaga report ?
« Reply #240 on: Aug 23, 2018, 04:56 PM »
Ha! Just catching up on this thread.

It MAY be a bit crowded tomorrow as I was planning on heading out as well. Just got back from a few days on Seneca lake, weather sucked and the conditions were off after the flooding.  I only got to fish two days so the wife agreed to go with me tomorrow to make up for my lack of boat time 😁.

Good luck gents!

filetandrelease

« Reply #241 on: Aug 23, 2018, 05:03 PM »

Good luck and she sounds like a good sport

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #242 on: Aug 23, 2018, 05:09 PM »
Water temp was 74 degrees today. We got at least 25 walleyes and some SMB.  ( One bass was almost 20".)  Had 12 or so keepers and kept 8 for Dick to take home. All on jigs 19 to 25 fow. Most were caught in the afternoon. Good Luck on Friday...h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #243 on: Aug 23, 2018, 06:10 PM »

Great day , congrats

LooseEye90

« Reply #244 on: Aug 24, 2018, 03:19 PM »
Got a late start this morning, trolled sticks north of the Edinburg bridge and did ok. Had our first keeper within 5 minutes of setting down. That’s sometimes a bad sign for me but we continued a steady pick of fish for the few hours we trolled. Kept two 16”s for dinner tomorrow. 

The water level is for sure dropping. My wife found a rock with my SS prop while I went to get the trailer  :'(. Luckily it only scrapped the side/end of one blade. No clue how I got so lucky. The joys of boating!!

Hope everyone did/is doing well. Looking forward to hearing how the main basin is looking.

rondog

« Reply #245 on: Aug 24, 2018, 03:33 PM »
Did Ok but all small fish, I did 16 or so and ended up with one just over 15".I had fish as small as 8" which is really a good sign. The fish still are not where they were at this time last year Heading back Sunday with a different plan, might just to have to start jigging again

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #246 on: Aug 24, 2018, 05:20 PM »
I thought today would be better than yesterday. What I get for thinking. We got 15 or so walleyes. 5 keepers, kept 3 17" with one just over 19". My biggest of the year. All on jigs in 19 to 25 fow. Also got a few SMB....h2l

LooseEye90

« Reply #247 on: Aug 25, 2018, 09:54 AM »
I thought today would be better than yesterday. What I get for thinking. We got 15 or so walleyes. 5 keepers, kept 3 17" with one just over 19". My biggest of the year. All on jigs in 19 to 25 fow. Also got a few SMB....h2l

Nice!! I need one of you jig guys to show me the ropes! I’ll have to try fishing some of the main basin after I get back from the upcoming work trip.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #248 on: Aug 26, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Best morning bite of the season. Could only fish for 3/4 hours. Put at least 25 fish in the boat. A few of them were bass. Had 10/12 keepers. Nothing over 16 inches. All released. Have to start bowling tonight or I would still be out there. Fished one area, all on jig...h2l

beerbellybob106

« Reply #249 on: Aug 26, 2018, 03:10 PM »
Fished the same area i did last week did well. Lots of dinks though. Had a beauty 20"+, up to the boat and he shook off. Oh well, still brought home a limit of 16-17".

Tom Hannock

« Reply #250 on: Aug 27, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Got a late start this morning, trolled sticks north of the Edinburg bridge and did ok. Had our first keeper within 5 minutes of setting down. That’s sometimes a bad sign for me but we continued a steady pick of fish for the few hours we trolled. Kept two 16”s for dinner tomorrow. 

The water level is for sure dropping. My wife found a rock with my SS prop while I went to get the trailer  :'(. Luckily it only scrapped the side/end of one blade. No clue how I got so lucky. The joys of boating!!

Hope everyone did/is doing well. Looking forward to hearing how the main basin is looking.

I must have went right past you Friday with the red Lund.  I was heading back north from south of the bridge around noon and saw a Lund trolling with a lady driving.  It's getting really shallow around the Day launch and you've got to be super careful now if it's windy.
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

Tom Hannock

« Reply #251 on: Aug 27, 2018, 08:05 AM »

That's still not bad.  We fished Friday from 11 to 4 and ended up with 7 keepers and probably 5 shorts.  The mid-day bite right around the full moon is usually not very productive in my experience so I can't complain. 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

LooseEye90

« Reply #252 on: Aug 27, 2018, 10:50 AM »
I must have went right past you Friday with the red Lund.  I was heading back north from south of the bridge around noon and saw a Lund trolling with a lady driving.  It's getting really shallow around the Day launch and you've got to be super careful now if it's windy.

Yeah the wind pushed her just a tad too far to the right. A guy on a jet ski came in to look for his friends at the launch and she got flustered. She “didn’t want to back into him”. Ugh, What a cluster that was.... :-X

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #253 on: Aug 28, 2018, 06:08 AM »
Went out with my nephew yesterday. Went back to where I did so well on Sunday morning. Fished out of his boat, my old boat, we got a few but it was not like on Sunday. tried a couple other spots so he could get some way points. He kept a couple for dinner last night. It got HOT fast and there was no wind. Did see my cousin trolling out there and he had just caught and released a 23 and a half inch walleye. DEC stopped and talked to us for about 30 mins. Water temp was 74 degrees....h2l

rondog

« Reply #254 on: Aug 28, 2018, 11:56 AM »
A 23 1/2 " is a tank for there great job. I fished it Sunday and had probably one of the worst days there in a long time, I just couldn't get anything going and everything that we did catch was under 12", the smaller fish have been plaguing me for the last month. Coming up on Friday before the madhouse starts and trying a new program.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.