FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mississinewa  (Read 3514 times)

Spooled85

Mississinewa
« on: Jul 16, 2020, 09:21 AM »
The wife and I are going camping this weekend at the State Park planned on fishing the dam in possibly taking the boat can anyone tell me how the fishing has been down that way? we got a lot of rain up here last night I don't know about down there hopefully it didn't make everything a muddy mess...

Spooled85

Re: Mississinewa
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2020, 11:25 AM »
everything feeding good in NE part of the state.  you should catch something but definitely take the boat.  if you don't you know youll regret it.

Right lol , im sure I probably would. Jsut bought a camper so now Everytime we camp the wife has to pull the boat and she is NOT happy about it hahaha

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2020, 11:50 AM »
What state park? Salamonie? Spoke with a friend that lives below the Missinnawa and he say he's been seeing a lot of fishermen and they are catching a mixed bag. Water is very low below both dams but with the rains maybe the corp will let out alittle more. More will help. I know you'll catch fish up in either resi's. I suggest a relaxing way to fish is slow trolling Cranks or jigs. Water is a good color with no algea bloom this year to speak of. Been a lot of boaters and will be busy on the weekends during the mid day but quiet early and late. You should find good channel cat fishing in the coves using shrimp or cut bait especially after dark. If you want a longer day in the boat you might motor up the river and see how far you can get. Fishing can also be good up that far for bass. Wooded country up that way. We got very little rain. Most went north of us and it's dry as bone. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2020, 11:55 AM »
Hey thanks for the feed back big r ! We will be staying at the state park on mississinewa. I will definitely take the boat then. And I will report back what I find with pictures hopefully. We are kid free this weekend and me the wife and the dog are going to enjoy it to the fullest !! Thanks again

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2020, 03:45 PM »

Right lol , im sure I probably would. Jsut bought a camper so now Everytime we camp the wife has to pull the boat and she is NOT happy about it hahaha

I have that problem too!!! do they make a Trailer you can put both of those on and take with one Vehicle?  I've seen the guys do the daisey chain and that scares me.  Both of mine are small models.

RoeBoat

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2020, 04:03 PM »
Hookem together and send it!

Spooled85

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2020, 06:32 PM »
You can hook them together in the state of indiana ... BUT ..... It has to be 65 ft or under . And I'm way over that ! Once she gets a few trips in she will be fine I'm sure it's jsut getting to that point lol

Spooled85

« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2020, 07:37 PM »
Well the spillway was tough I got skunked the wife caught a few crappie and lost something pretty big. We ended fishing the lake and found some decent gills on beetle spins. One after another ! It was fun switched over to trolling after seeing alot of suspended fish in that area . Man we could not keep the drum's off !! Caught a bunch and some big ones too . Not what I was looking for but it was fun. The heat was crazy we fished early Saturday morning and came back to cool off and a mid day nap. And was back at it for the evening man did it cool off nice lake was a sheet of glass and it was a beautiful night. Got off the water at about 11. Fished for cats but no takers. All and all it was a great weekend

RoeBoat

« Reply #8 on: Jul 19, 2020, 08:15 PM »
Glad you enjoyed your time away.  I'm getting old because the mid day nap in the ac sounds much better than fishing in this heat!

Spooled85

« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2020, 09:43 PM »
Hahaha , ya I must be too cause I love my naps ! Took one today that went a little longer the planned but oh well lol. Nothing like a good day of okay with a cat nap to follow

bigr

« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2020, 05:47 AM »
Glad you had some fun and it made for a nice weekend get away. Did you take advantage of the clear night Saturday and dark location to see the comet just below the big dipper just after dark. Still going on the rest the month if you missed it. After that you'll need to wait 6800 yrs. Use binoculars for best view.

rivereddy

« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2020, 07:28 AM »
The drum are pretty active on the big rivers as well.  They hit all day long

fish on,

rivereddy

Spooled85

« Reply #12 on: Jul 21, 2020, 05:22 PM »
Glad you had some fun and it made for a nice weekend get away. Did you take advantage of the clear night Saturday and dark location to see the comet just below the big dipper just after dark. Still going on the rest the month if you missed it. After that you'll need to wait 6800 yrs. Use binoculars for best view.

No I didn't pay any attention to the sky the only time I was looking up at the sky was when I was draining a Miller lite LOL

Spooled85

« Reply #13 on: Jul 21, 2020, 05:23 PM »
The drum are pretty active on the big rivers as well.  They hit all day long

fish on,

rivereddy

A lot of people have told me that those are pretty tasty I've never tried one. Has anyone else tried one? I always considered them a junk fish but I also did the same with suckers until I tried it and in my opinion suckers are darn good table fair

Piggyn

« Reply #14 on: Jul 21, 2020, 05:54 PM »
A lot of people have told me that those are pretty tasty I've never tried one. Has anyone else tried one?

I haven't personally tried them, but they get mixed reviews.  Freshness, water quality where they were caught, and the amount of red meat left in the fillets probably all have a lot to do with that.

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/freshwater_drum_are_fun_to_catch_but_can_you_eat_them
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.