FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: retired fisherman/ laid off fishermen  (Read 6019 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: retired fisherman/ laid off fishermen
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2009, 07:40 AM »
hold on oldtown  most of them laid off are union construction! they can only  work union jobs!!!! and the  unemployment insurance  is set up for this reason!  either your a foolish  person or someone that hasn't been in the work force  very long! and  at the current rate of unemployment, bankruptcys, re negotations on loans, there isn't many people who han't taken something for free!!! such as head of household or earned income credit on there taxes!!!! and before you start putting people down that are on public assistance i suggest you check and see who must are! single mothers who WORK getting food stamps to feed there babys, people tring to get medical coverage,people who have lost jobs and homes  at no fault of there own! you people that talk about other people are worse then old women at a bingo hall!!!!! theres a lot of good people that have bad things that happen to them !!!!and chances are  (seeing sooner or later it effects 1 in 3 americans) it will be you or one of your children!!!!! any american that took that stimulis  check  got something for nothing!!!!!!!   

trap

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2009, 07:57 AM »
hold on oldtown  most of them laid off are union construction! they can only  work union jobs!!!! and the  unemployment insurance  is set up for this reason!  either your a foolish  person or someone that hasn't been in the work force  very long! and  at the current rate of unemployment, bankruptcys, re negotations on loans, there isn't many people who han't taken something for free!!! such as head of household or earned income credit on there taxes!!!! and before you start putting people down that are on public assistance i suggest you check and see who must are! single mothers who WORK getting food stamps to feed there babys, people tring to get medical coverage,people who have lost jobs and homes  at no fault of there own! you people that talk about other people are worse then old women at a bingo hall!!!!! theres a lot of good people that have bad things that happen to them !!!!and chances are  (seeing sooner or later it effects 1 in 3 americans) it will be you or one of your children!!!!! any american that took that stimulis  check  got something for nothing!!!!!!!   

trap

Is there a Grumpy old men site here for OLDTOWN, This is supposed to be a casual and information site for fishing brothers and sisters. If you want to @itch go to a bingo game with the OLD WOMEN!!! GEEEEEEEZZZ!!!  FISH ON EVERYBODY!!!! :)--KingPerch
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

NateFishNY

« Reply #17 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:02 AM »
hey oldtown, know a little about something before you post

KingPerch

« Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:08 AM »
hey oldtown, know a little about something before you post
Right on NateFish, I think Trapper can handle this one!!!!! ;D LOL --KingPerch

trapper2000

« Reply #19 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:09 AM »
just so this is understood the unemployment insurance is like a tax thet employers  pay! they  are rated as to a higher level if they are a company that lays off a lot... a union book holder can not work a non union job however the average union construction pays more in fed taxes  in 8 months then  a factory worker working 12 . most  construction unions are work seeking ..... and bye the way no i'm not a book carrying union construction worker!!!! i just don't point fingers at other people that are tring to make a living.

trapper2000

« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:11 AM »
so if your laid off  and you belong to a work seeking union  fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NateFishNY

« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:18 AM »
i didnt even want to respond to oldtown but if your going to tell me to man up because you ASSUME i collect unemployment because i can not landscape durring the winter your a JOKE. no one ever said they collected unemployment in this thread till you piped up... second i plow snow in the winter therefore i do not collect... and yeah i get to fish a lot more in the winter so if you want an apology for that your crazy!

KingPerch

« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:19 AM »
Very well put Trap, I own a construction business and know too well about unemployment taxes and so forth....  I feel it is my duty to pay that tax to make sure my men are taken care of and not having them leave for other jobs. I have no problem with any of them getting the benefit when needed. Just to set the record straight OLDTOWN, they don't use the unemployment for " just to go fishing" They are hard workers that don't enjoy unemployment. But at times it's a must. Enough for now!!  ;D--KingPerch

KingPerch

« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:25 AM »
i didnt even want to respond to oldtown but if your going to tell me to man up because you ASSUME i collect unemployment because i can not landscape durring the winter your a JOKE. no one ever said they collected unemployment in this thread till you piped up... second i plow snow in the winter therefore i do not collect... and yeah i get to fish a lot more in the winter so if you want an apology for that your crazy!
Right on NATEFISH, I'm with you man!!--KingPerch

KingPerch

« Reply #24 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:28 AM »
CAN WE ALL JUST GO FISHING NOW!!! FISH ON!!! I gotta go to work, I'll check in later. Have a great Day All!! Trap you be good now!! ::)--KingPerch

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #25 on: Mar 26, 2009, 10:45 AM »
 Before that guy started ranting, where does it say anybody was collecting unemjoyment checks, they just said they were out of work!                                     "LABORERS LOCAL  589"   proud of it!       FISH ON!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

mealworm

• snoogan
« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2009, 10:52 AM »
If you know that you are going to be laid off every winter, why don't you get jobs for those months instead of having the rest of us pay your unemployment? I like to fish too, but man up.
there are no winter jobs in this area that pays what unemployment pays i don't know about you but i can't afford to live on 250 a week and to be honest its even tough trying to get by with what unemployment pays its not like i'm like some people that draw permanent disability or get welfare and do work on the side and besides i know of a few people that do collect perm disability and you mean to tell me that there isn't a job for them if you can sit at home all day why can't you work at a store  or work at a toll booth i think theres something out there for everybody i work very hard in the summer months 6 or 7 days a week so don't complain about unemployment you need to complain about social security and disability i do apologize for going off on a tare but it ticks me off when people make such strong comments and they obviously don't know what there talking about  now lets get back to more entertaining topics like fishing

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 26, 2009, 10:59 AM »
Is there anything wrong with collecting unemployment while being LAID OFF? Good luck finding work too. I think Ill go fishing.

KingPerch

« Reply #28 on: Mar 26, 2009, 12:59 PM »
I'm with you guys!!! FISH ON!! :)--KingPerch

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #29 on: Mar 26, 2009, 01:52 PM »
Ok devils advocate. Just a thought
I will say the from my experience that some guys collecting and working off the books do better in the off season than during the construction season. Not all. That is if they work off the books and not fish.
On the other hand-
If you don't collect than what is really the issue? Assuming everyone collects is what your doing!
I think most guys would rather work than collect.
My phrasing would be different out of towner.
But why judge others, just worry about yourself.

Side note
Hell plenty of fingers to point in these economic hardtimes.
Just wait till all the senior programs start consuming most if not all of the nations budget. A whole other topic.
Boy the New Deal accomplished much, but how will it stand the test of time?
Kinda looking like we might have a need for another NEW DEAL??? Will it pull us out of trouble or sink us deeper into debt???
nuff said
Internet heros give it a rest!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.