FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Did anyone here of a fish and bird kill on sandy pond?  (Read 1774 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
 Earlier, just as I was walking out the door, a younger friend called me and said that hundreds of panfish and bass were dead all over the place where we crappie fish down at Sandy Pond! He also said there was a dead beaver and some dead birds! Just wondering if this was true! Please reply if you here anything!       (this is not a joke from the fun page)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bluegillslayer

Re: Did anyone here of a fish and bird kill on sandy pond?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2009, 06:40 AM »
4 people told me the same thing saturday. what the heck??????

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2009, 08:16 AM »
Fish AND birds? Botulism? Not sure why the beaver would be dead though?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

ship of fools

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2009, 08:28 AM »
I heard it was caused by some angry walleye lovers out your way...........

Epic ViSuALs

• PIRATE PERCH
« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2009, 08:58 AM »
yeah snagger, i noticed it about three weeks ago, and it seems to have progressivley been getting worse....pike,bass, gills,crappies.     what the heck's going on, some were saying low O2 levels...yeah!!
There's Nothing Else I'd Rather DO!!!

SNAGGER

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2009, 09:51 AM »
 The reason I got concerned is, this is about the same week the DEC and Canadians killed 9,000lbs. of walleye, while lampriciding one of the tribs that feeds the pond last year! But what Taxi said about botulism or a quick flip of water temps I hope are the real causes! Not that botulism is a good thing, but it has occurred from time to time on the Big "O" without much damage! Keep any reports flowing!      THANKS!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2009, 09:54 AM »
yeah snagger, i noticed it about three weeks ago, and it seems to have progressivley been getting worse....pike,bass, gills,crappies.     what the heck's going on, some were saying low O2 levels...yeah!!
    Who said that, wind has been mixing that water everyday since the Ice left!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

FishTank19

• There ain't no fish in this lake.....
« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2009, 12:30 PM »
i noticed alot if dead bluegills up there last week and thought something wasn't right....
NYS Licensed Guide #6652. Need a guide for the Pulaski area give me a call 315-807-7844.

fishfetcher

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2009, 12:56 PM »
i took a ride there this morning about 11:00. there are dead fish along the shore.  most appear to have been dead for quite awhile, covered with fungus and floaters.  would guess about 1 to 2 hundred total. from the docks  to the bend past the beaver lodge.  south of the bend there are only a few. my guess is they are normal  spring kills from the lake, started to bloat and float. winds all week have been from the west or northwest which would  push them into the channel and into shore. walked down further and there were 2 guys fishing, and catching perch. went out to near rt.3  only 2 dead fish seen there. a father and son were fishing there and catching bluegills. all appeared healthy. also saw many bait and small panfish along shore, again they all appeared healthy.  it doesnot appear to be a major event  as of now.  seen this in the spring many times in different bodys of water

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2009, 01:41 PM »
A lot of winter kill this winter all over the midwest. Record amounts of snow on the ice and an early winter.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

kidretro

« Reply #10 on: Apr 24, 2009, 12:34 PM »
 ???
hogger in the bucket

taxid

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.