FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: mmmmmm bass  (Read 5670 times)

Pequod1

Re: mmmmmm bass
« Reply #15 on: Jul 31, 2019, 05:33 AM »
Not everywhere. We keep them in Conesus and Honeoye and I look forward  to it. They taste pretty good that time of year.

Walnut109

« Reply #16 on: Jul 31, 2019, 06:36 AM »
I find bass to be great table fare but only from a few lakes.   Some lakes, like those where bass feed on white perch, gizzard shad or alewife are not as tasty.  But that goes for any species.  Focus on cooler water and where sunfish are the primary baitfish.

WalleyeWonder

« Reply #17 on: Jul 31, 2019, 07:04 AM »
I was hoping to see a triggered bass guy in this thread lol, but yes! Smaller bass are delish
Jiggin' Like A Fool

Badbrad2186

« Reply #18 on: Jul 31, 2019, 07:08 AM »
You are lucky. Bass are out of season during ice season in New York.  :-[ :-[
[/quote

I thought bigguy can't read not bigal. Bass in closed on some waters but not all during the winter in NY

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Jul 31, 2019, 07:28 AM »
Conesus Lake, Hemlock Lake, Canadice Lake, Honeoye Lake, Canandaigua Lake, Keuka Lake, Seneca Lake, Cayuga Lake, Owasco Lake, Skaneateles Lake and Otisco Lake Regulations
Water
Species
Open Season
Minimum Length
Daily Limit
Method
All Finger Lakes   
Northern Pike
1st Sat in May – March 15
22″
Ice fishing permitted
Walleye
1st Sat in May – March 15
18″, except 15″ in Honeoye Lake
Canadice Lake, Canandaigua Lake, Conesus Lake, Hemlock Lake, Honeoye Lake, Keuka Lake, Seneca Lake   
Black Bass
3rd Sat in
June – March 15
12″
March 16 – Fri preceding the 3rd Sat in June
Catch and release only
Artificial lures only
Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Lake Trout, Landlocked Salmon
All year
15″
5 in combination. Catch shall include no more than 1 Rainbow Trout or 3 Landlocked Salmon
Honeoye Lake   
Alewife (sawbellies)

Largemouth through the ice are really tasty!
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bigal409

« Reply #20 on: Jul 31, 2019, 10:55 AM »
Well I stand corrected. All I know is the waters around my area bass is closed during ice season and that's when I catch some beauties and can't keep them. So for you guys that get to keep them again I'll say you are lucky.  :rotflol: :rotflol:

elrodalonzo

« Reply #21 on: Jul 31, 2019, 11:38 AM »
Fascinating.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #22 on: Jul 31, 2019, 12:37 PM »
Well I stand corrected. All I know is the waters around my area bass is closed during ice season and that's when I catch some beauties and can't keep them. So for you guys that get to keep them again I'll say you are lucky.  :rotflol: :rotflol:

I can't say I've caught a bass on the hard water less than 3lbs. They are all monsters

big_guy_13021

« Reply #23 on: Jul 31, 2019, 12:49 PM »
TRAPPER HOW DARE YOU KEEP BASS...DONT YOU.  KNOW THERE A GAME FISH ..CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY..on another note.the little guy and myself were fishing last weekend he hooked a nice smaller about 15 inches.he was happy of course and kept it..another guy says nic fish he will get bigger when you release him..little guy said I'm not throwing that back.the guy looks at me and said your letting him keep that I.  Said yep..he goes you should be ashamed of yourself letting him keep that bass..I was getting getting ready to flip and out of no wheres the little guy said you should be ashamed of having a fishing pole in your hands and little guy said why dont you go fish someplace else..and stop picking on kids or my dad and I will throw your @$$ in the river..the guy left I was cracking up..he did a good job I put a few choice words in there also ...the guy pretty much put me down for letting him keep it..

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #24 on: Jul 31, 2019, 01:46 PM »
that's  funny  now  tell him  when I see  him  were  both going in the  water !!!!!  get the  waders  salmon are almost here...let the  debauchery begin :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bigal409

« Reply #25 on: Jul 31, 2019, 01:56 PM »
Now Trapper. You know that Big Guy only catches dinks. He can't possibly get something as big as a salmon. Mabe he can take Little Guy and let him get the salmon for him.  ;D

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #26 on: Jul 31, 2019, 02:14 PM »
Don't you just love it when someone tries to clobber you with THEIR OPINION. Good job to little guy!  :thumbup_smilie:

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #27 on: Jul 31, 2019, 02:21 PM »
well  when  some ones  opinion hurts  a  boy that's  doing  nothing illegal or  wrong  then yeah the  guy was  being a  jerk .....shame   shame
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #28 on: Jul 31, 2019, 02:55 PM »
I just ate largemoth from the other day....grilled one and breaded and deep fried the other....mmm delish.
BTW...I believe honeyoe you can still keep bass thru the ice.
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

jperch

« Reply #29 on: Jul 31, 2019, 03:43 PM »
The "Don't keep any bass" mentality which is held by some is, I think, relatively new.  Does it come from the professional bass fishing shows on tv?  I just don't get it.  It's a self sustaining fishery in every body of water that I know of.  Personally I would rather eat perch but will eat some smaller ones occasionally, especially from colder water.  I can understand this concept for other species like muskies because they are scarce in most bodies of water and from what I hear not the best table fare anyway.  Not that I have ever caught one!  By now we all know what gobys do to bass eggs and fry when the legal (or illegal) catch and release bass fishing takes place in June.  I'm sure that has a much bigger impact on bass numbers, but they seem to be doing ok in any case.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.